The Trail Running Thread

Weight Weenie

Twitter is the only place, follow the real Kieth and #bm100..

The only "official" way 

Yeah I was searching the twitter #, that Keith chap did come up often. I hoping some more pics and videos come out in the next while

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good evening. My name is Oliver. I am doing a research project for school on Endurance Sport/Racing. As the practical part of the project I will be participating in Race to Rhodes with my dad, Merak, in June. Please be so kind as to consider filing in my short survey. Thank you.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScCLSC1KIs1K4KCbUE1z3KLrQ_Sr-H_fvAafPVvWy3g3VFXjA/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1&fbzx=-4626166500229016607

Yeah I was searching the twitter #, that Keith chap did come up often. I hoping some more pics and videos come out in the next while

making it metric.

5 laps

100 miles

103 800 ft elevation

32km per lap

~6300m elev per lap

that is insane.

as a comparison the 3 peaks in CT has a route of about 50km, with 3000m vert.

http://www.mapmanusa.com/images/post-3d-maps/barkley-marathon-course-washington-post.jpg

Good evening. My name is Oliver. I am doing a research project for school on Endurance Sport/Racing. As the practical part of the project I will be participating in Race to Rhodes with my dad, Merak, in June. Please be so kind as to consider filing in my short survey. Thank you.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScCLSC1KIs1K4KCbUE1z3KLrQ_Sr-H_fvAafPVvWy3g3VFXjA/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1&fbzx=-4626166500229016607

Is there another to do this. My work blocks 'online storage' along with a bunch of other sites... 

making it metric.

5 laps

100 miles

103 800 ft elevation

32km per lap

~6300m elev per lap

that is insane.

as a comparison the 3 peaks in CT has a route of about 50km, with 3000m vert.

http://www.mapmanusa.com/images/post-3d-maps/barkley-marathon-course-washington-post.jpg

Not that it makes this any more doable, but I think the quoted elevation change refers to up and down. So for elevation you could half the number to about 50000 feet. Edited by Trance Dance

Not that it makes this any more doable, but I think the quoted elevation change refers to up and down. So for elevation you could half the number to about 50000 feet.

it makes it half as hard!

and a bit more believable/less unbelievable

Is there another to do this. My work blocks 'online storage' along with a bunch of other sites... 

do it on your phone?

Anyone here running Munga?

One of my friends has done every single Munga, bike and run. I would love to do the run but it scares me!

Seeing some of the feet coming off that looks like weeks of recovery which would just bum me out. 

Maybe when I'm big!

One of my friends has done every single Munga, bike and run. I would love to do the run but it scares me!

Seeing some of the feet coming off that looks like weeks of recovery which would just bum me out. 

Maybe when I'm big!

If you're saying this, imagine what the rest of us are thinking!

What a crazy event, I can't wait to follow it

I have a team mate and a few friends running Munga, I wold love to give it a go as well.

If you break it down you need to do a comrades per day for 5 days, on gnarly trail with elevation for days.... 

How many internationals come down for this? if any...

I'd love to see a Steene or Dauwalter thrown in, I know Bennie is a freak but I don't know just how good he is.

If you're saying this, imagine what the rest of us are thinking!

What a crazy event, I can't wait to follow it

Yeah.. Sjoe!

The first year things got a bit messy. If the letter of the law was followed, Nicky should have won.

IMHO the Turbo Mamba is the strongest person on that start line. (Dave303's team mate). She probably also has to take twice as many steps!

I think the field size will always limit the competitiveness of the event sadly not many are able to afford the time or entry. Will be interesting if such a small field is financially viable.

I won't comment on the above with infringements during the first event as I am too invested and it will always come across as biased. 

As for Turbo Mamba, I back her again this year, she is a machine. Jewbacca forgot to mention she did the Munga bike a few weeks after doing 500km Adventure racing world champs on Reunion island and still beat a fair amount of people. She has been running strong recently and now running ON new shoes so we will see. Always a good few days of dot watching.