Strava & Indoor Trainer

ivr32

Hi

I got a Bryton 40.

I use this with my indoor trainer bike, which has got cadence and a speed sensor.

It picks up my exercise perfect but when I want to upload it to Strava it only shows that I have done 1km of riding.

I suppose Strava should only be used for out doors or is there a way to upload indoor trainer info as well to keep track of my training?

Thanks

Ian

I upload my IDT sessions to Strava using a Garmin Edge 500 with cadence and Speed sensor and the GPS receiver turned off

This is the key.

With GPS turned off it relies on the sensors only.

I turned off the GPS, uploaded the file and got the following error

Upload Your Activities

Uploading Complete

Please limit your selection to 25 files.

Please select only .tcx, .fit or .gpx file types.

Server Error. This can be caused by file names with odd characters like % or foreign characters.

If the problem continues, please contact support.

Works for multiple .tcx, .fit or .gpx files 25MB or smaller. Choose up to 25 files. Works for single .tcx, .fit or .gpx files 25MB or smaller.

If you have any problems uploading your files, contact support for help.

Is your bryton giving you a distance reading during your workout?

Do a manual entry with all the how far, how long etc… instead of uploading the file.

Some people use Strava to keep track of their training and progress, not just KOM's. They give you an option to log IDT rides so...

At least IDT sessions don't count for any of the challenges though.

Some people use Strava to keep track of their training and progress, not just KOM's. They give you an option to log IDT rides so...

At least IDT sessions don't count for any of the challenges though.

Exactly it has got nothing to do with KOM or segments, just to keep track of my training