Do you ride a 26er?

Guest dirkieuys

Yes. I did then, and I do now. Needed a front tyre this week and got some very strange looks, and apart from the 'sorry bud, no stock' comments I will soldier on until my post divorce wallet will allow a nice carbon framed hard tail 29er 1 x something - when ou's make their minds up eventually..

I struggle to keep up with things. A few years ago a full XT alu bike was in the region of 30k, now it's double and then some..

God bless the ******* ANC.. *****

4 sites.

CRC

Bike-discount.de

bike-components.de

probikeshop.com

Never shop locally for 26" tyres again. Well, except that Rush Sports now has the Maxxis agency, and Andre is one of those people that understands that 26" riders still need proper rubber :)

Of course, Evo also has stock of good Schwalbe and other rubber... 

Them, and Stoke. And a couple of other PROPER stores. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. I did then, and I do now. Needed a front tyre this week and got some very strange looks, and apart from the 'sorry bud, no stock' comments I will soldier on until my post divorce wallet will allow a nice carbon framed hard tail 29er 1 x something - when ou's make their minds up eventually..

I struggle to keep up with things. A few years ago a full XT alu bike was in the region of 30k, now it's double and then some..

God bless the ******* ANC.. *****

We have a large selection of 26" rubber as well...

Link is here: http://www.evobikes.co.za/tyres/mtb-26-tyres.html

Yes sir ! Still love mine and will ride it till the day I die. Fitted some new 2.4's the other day. Lekker comfy ride with S#!tloads of grip !

post-62204-0-96968000-1470985398_thumb.jpg

Was thinking that Meta 5.5 in the classifieds would make a good foil for my clown bike. Tempting. :)

Edited by hellocolour

Yes. 26" RFSS and 29" geared bike. Love the SS!

By the way, if any of you have 26" (or 29") parts or frames or rubber or forks or anything else, please consider donating to facebook.com/bombcenturion. We are building and donating bikes mainly to high school students participating in the Spur Schools series that is either riding Supermarket bikes or students that want to ride, but do not have/can't afford a bike.

Thanks guys!

Yes, beloved Scott Scale 50 Alu 26 er with 3x9.

My mountain play bike.

Cracked the frame/seat tube but simply had it welded and strengthened 

3x9 drive train much cheaper than new stuff.

Pimped it recently with 27.5 " front wheel and 2.4 tire just to absorb those ditches a bit better.

Running 2.25 tire at the back, biggest I could fit into frame.

What a difference !!

post-1787-0-29488000-1470992673_thumb.jpg

Edited by marshace

Yes sir ! Still love mine and will ride it till the day I die. Fitted some new 2.4's the other day. Lekker comfy ride with S#!tloads of grip !

Where did you get 2.4's?

Where did you get 2.4's?

Solomons cycles in Woodmead JNB have 26 inch 2.25 and 2.4 's

Edited by marshace