Stolen - Sarto 29" Carbon at Epic Finish - Please help!

Halmar

Can't remember Cassie. At Strand it was somebody with an Afrikaans sounding surname. When we suspected that our one bike was stolen my wife talked to somebody there. They take the bike's details and then whenever they have time they visit some of the known offset points for stolen bikes.

If I see my bike on the road or at an event, I don't care who is on it, they are getting a kicking and I'm taking the bike back. End of.

This might help. I do set building and we built a set at Lourensford a few weeks ago. One of my drivers crashed thru the boom at the entrance and we got into a he said they said she said incident of whos fault it was. Bottom line is they have security cameras at the entrance by the boom. JUst ask the Lorensford for the footage of approx the time and you should see the perp.....Good Luck

for Its a beauty !

hope u get it back .

For future please check with other insurances they cover overall bike insurance on and off your property !

Edited by jules 26er

Sooo sorry to hear about your loss.

Hope it works out for you somehow!

Sorry to high jack your thread Halmar but we HAVE to do something about this, the sooner the better

I would like to suggest petition that ALL bike shops HAVE to sign a contract to record frame numbers when they service it and punch it in a online web app to check for stolen bikes.

I hereby make myself available to develop such a app.

We just have to start a PROPER petition and put HEAVY pressure on bike shops and repairers and back yard shops alike to adhere to this. I know this is a looooong shot, but it works in the camera world.

Any takers for the petition?

Sooo sorry to hear about your loss.

Hope it works out for you somehow!

Sorry to high jack your thread Halmar but we HAVE to do something about this, the sooner the better

I would like to suggest petition that ALL bike shops HAVE to sign a contract to record frame numbers when they service it and punch it in a online web app to check for stolen bikes.

I hereby make myself available to develop such a app.

We just have to start a PROPER petition and put HEAVY pressure on bike shops and repairers and back yard shops alike to adhere to this. I know this is a looooong shot, but it works in the camera world.

Any takers for the petition?

Sounds like a Great idea. :clap: I'm in.

Thanks Frits, you can hijack the thread anytime... But there already is something like this in place it just seems if it is not being used... Have a look at www.nbrza.co.za but thanks for reminding me about that so that I can add my details. I remember seeing this on SuperCycling long ago when I read your post.

But I'm all in for your idea on the petition, where do I sign up?

Appreciated,

Halmar.

Edited by Halmar