Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those looking to buy, saw 2 x Dogmas at Cyclelab yesterday. One with Super Record EPS & the other with Di2. Price R116k each. Sure they have serial numbers.

Unfortunately this lead is a bit limited. It would have been better if they went for the grey/ fake import angle.

It now limits itself to a small group of cyclist who are interested in pinnarello's. so poor John Doe on a fake Raleigh or scott or cannondale is still clueless of the dangers.

I disagree slightly....sure they could have said fake bikes...but...okes will be saying..if that is fake then maybe my s-works is fake...or my giant..or even my avalanche

Is he not out of the country?

If that is the case he might have to watch it online.

He is in the UK.

M&K?

Ugly as sin.

More for the pro consumer.

They sound like they look.

Big ,boisterous and unrefined.

I have been following this with keen interest, but decided not to contribute.. Until today.

Yesterday my girlfriend bought het first MTB from Linden cycles. She tested it, got set up, and then took it. The bike is one of the last 26" Anthems, and although not a R100k bike, 20k is still a lot for a bike.

My point is, even after following this thread from day 1 and being shocked by what happened, it did not even cross my mind that the bike might be fake. I did not check the serial number and did not even check the invoice properly.

We deal with out LBS for specific reasons - most importantly, we trust their opinion.

I have been dealing with Linden for 12 years and it would not even cross my mind to double check anything.

Andrew, chances are that there are a lot of cyclists who would be in your shoes right now if other LBS also sold fakes.

While it is propably good that the cat is out of the bag, this thing might hurt many trust relationships.

Hey Twombles - I grew up in Linden. Went to school across the road. Lekka to meet you today. I will be utterly screwed if I can not trust my LBS anymore.

Went to school across the road.

Ons het moonlik teen mekaar krieket en/of rugby gespeel.

Was op Jan Celliers en Helpmekaar, maar het gelukkig beide ontgroei....

While bike manufacturers continue to seek cheap labour in China and top dollar on the retail floor, rejects will continue to filter out of the side doors of those factories.

If anyone thinks a Chinese factory destroys its salable rejects they're living in lala land. They throw nothing away that has value and rejects do have value.

I still want to know how a "reject/back door Pinarello gets the wrong BB thread????

Can't wait to see this surround sound system.

Just a note.

Do real justice to the bike and stay away from Mordaunt Short and NAD.

That bike as well as you wife deserve better company.

Classé and Bowers and Wilkens.

Buy the nice electrostatic speakers, I think they are only R400K a pair

Unfortunately this lead is a bit limited. It would have been better if they went for the grey/ fake import angle.

It now limits itself to a small group of cyclist who are interested in pinnarello's. so poor John Doe on a fake Raleigh or scott or cannondale is still clueless of the dangers.

Huh, is this real, or you just trolling?