Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

How much was Greg's replica world champs v10 selling for?.. Was something like 20k US

Good point. And I remember seeing something about a Burry Stander ltd edition for about 15kUSD

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

could also be referring to the Pina TT bike, am sure that was like R180k...

Also curious. But not the first time I've heard 200k for a road bike. I know that about 10 years ago you could get a custom Temple in midnight blue and gold leaf for about 150k. I expect it must be something similar.

Parlee Z-Zero frame

Campag Super Record EPS

Lightweight Fernweg wheels

Enve buildkit

That will give you about a 6.5kg bike that will cost south of R200k

Most logical rational people do a bit of research when spending large amounts of money on a fiets

Most logical people would research an entire thread before calling those two clowns, ethical and honest. Welcome to The Hub.

How much was Greg's replica world champs v10 selling for?.. Was something like 20k US

As far as I know GM Cycles sold one to a guy in JHB for 130k and it's hanging in his bar.

Please aloborate on your weaker weave theory?

ooooh. Now THIS could get interesting. Weaker weave my ass.

Only difference is that Pina probably use a bi-directional weave with a certain strand thickness as a standard setup in their top-most layer. Chinarello does a slightly different weave.

What a *** place to find yourself in. I bet these boys never started their business intending to rip people off. Probably sitting wondering how they started on the slippery slope from cutting a few corners to completely losing their integrity and cashing in on the trust that was placed in them.

I can not understand why after AA found out and lawyers got involved CS did not reach a settlement immediately , surely they thought ok we have been found out and let's make this go away quickly before it gets out of control and carry on with business ???

ooooh. Now THIS could get interesting. Weaker weave my ass.

Only difference is that Pina probably use a bi-directional weave with a certain strand thickness as a standard setup in their top-most layer. Chinarello does a slightly different weave.

Exactly Mayhem. Some people just dont get it. The different K weaves has nothing to do with the strength. Its all about the lay up, thats where the strength lies. chinarellos are normally finished with a 3k weave and the geniune with a finer 1k.

funny how its always road bikes that are the most pricey.....but ja I suppose if you spec a bike and chose the most expensive option for each part (ceramic bearings, electric gears, powermeter etc.) it could get out of hand rather quickly....