Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so if what i have heard is correct you bought a bike with

Hi Andrew \Can you correct us with the actual spec you were quoted on for the items supplied with bike. Only Reference i have is the Lawyers Letter and your comments on the items that were identified as fake. Both too far back to go find (apologies)

Hopefully we can at least have an OP reference point for estimating prices.

Frame : Dogma 65.1 Think 2

Wheels : DT Swiss ?

Headset : ?

Handle bars : ?

Seat Post : ?

Hi Andrew \Can you correct us with the actual spec you were quoted on for the items supplied with bike. Only Reference i have is the Lawyers Letter and your comments on the items that were identified as fake. Both too far back to go find (apologies)

Why?

Bro, now you're just stirring. The refund info did not come from Cycle Science, it came from a friend of mine who found out quite some time ago that his bike was fake. The refund is real. Although he seems to be the only one who has received a refund.

I wonder how long this has been going on?

I hope Richard DB didn't take too much skin off his malleolus cushions, he certainly spun off here like a wild dog that had his ass dunked in turpentine .

I hope Richard DB didn't take too much skin off his malleolus cushions, he certainly spun off here like a wild dog that had his ass dunked in turpentine .

you come up with the funniest sayings

Why?

Couple of reasons

Firstly a big one would be to get an idea of what the motivation is for a bike shop to sell fake products. What is the actual difference and therefore the temptation to line a pocket. A once off payment with big rewards is always there.

Secondly there is an old adage that says "Let the buyer beware". If the price difference is too large then alarm bells should go off in a purchasers mind. If it sounds to good, then there is an excellent chance it is.

I do not know what these things cost, i am asking for some help. There are plenty of threads on the Hub that warn people of web sites, users etc who are fleecing the public. It was just a matter of time before a well known bike shop got caught up in the spiraling fraud and deceit that is rife in this country. Plenty of examples of that i the country and media right now.

I do not want to believe that either party in this debacle is deliberately trying to deceive anyone, but it would seem i am wrong in this. The invoice from the shop being the biggest one of all. Complete stuff up on their behalf which will be difficult to get away from. I would like some additional info for my own peace of mind so i know what to look for in my future dealings with bike shops.

More HAPPY BIRTHDAY Andrew! Hope you have a super styling day dude!

Oh and Richard DB, if the cycling industry is so very small, why on earth does it make mind-numbing mistakes such as these, in a day and age when information is so easily accessible???

Why are you and those who share your sentiments trying to make out as if Andrew should have done all his homework on the bike and it's authenticity before going to the shop to make sure for himself? Is this not the very reason an LBS exists when online sales are already making serious inroads into the sale platform?? So that a customer can walk into a shop and speak to a person they 'trust' to get their advise and expertise and pay the extra value for the piece of mind for that???? Is that not what all LBS exist for??????

Edited by Tubehunter

Is not really any of your business...

Happy Birthday AA

50 is young, so enjoy.

Thanks for outing this and keeping us all entertained for the last couple of days.

I must admit I thought it was an April Fools joke at first.

Or perhaps I should have said April's Fool (before the grammar police nab me)

Edited by heyyou