Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

What it should look like.

How many people would spot the difference?

Sadly not many people...

However, if someone knowingly buys a fake bike due to the cheap price, then I guess that is their prerogative. The issues (as per this thread) is when a LBS charges a customer for a genuine bike and then cons them by selling a fake.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On that note what the hell is a "grey import" when it come to this not being a real pinarello? Im my books its either real or not…so what is grey ? Correct me if I'm wrong please…?

Ohhh dear, wrong question to ask matie. There are about 300 replies that deal with that issue on this thread, comprehensively.

so….this is sooooo shocking to say the least!! Im sooo sorry for what happened, i too would not let this go and go legal route!!

On that note what the hell is a "grey import" when it come to this not being a real pinarello? Im my books its either real or not…so what is grey ? Correct me if I'm wrong please…?

If there's more than one case…. have them investigated .. also might be good idea to report to SARS for various reasons.. chance is if someones is doing that kind of business i wouldn't be surprised if they dodge their TAX also!!

Go read the whole thread. Probably about 20 pages on the difference between real, grey and fake!

so….this is sooooo shocking to say the least!! Im sooo sorry for what happened, i too would not let this go and go legal route!!

If there's more than one case…. have them investigated .. also might be good idea to report to SARS for various reasons.. chance is if someones is doing that kind of business i wouldn't be surprised if they dodge their TAX also!!

A grey import is when a genuine bike is brought into the country via a non official channel (in other words not via the official distributor). A fake is a fake.

sorry to repeat myself :

with doping, cyclists behavior on the roads, road rage with cyclists involved, the price fixing scandal and now this "chinarello" scandal on carte blanche.

this is shocking and so bad for the cycling community

sorry : rant off !

Edited by bassasdaindia

Two things I've learnt from this thread:

1. Purchase certain brands from authorized dealers only (check the brand's websites for dealers).
  2. When I see a Pinarello Dogma on the road, it's most probably a Chinarello Dodgy.

Thanks Andrew and happy birthday :thumbup:

Is it fair to say that AA is the new Hollywood A-lister on The Hub?

Nope - first needs to organise, co-ordinate and donate lots to charities.

Two things I've learnt from this thread:

1. Purchase certain brands from authorized dealers only (check the brand's websites for dealers).

2. When I see a Pinarello Dogma on the road, it's most probably a Chinarello Dodgy.

Thanks Andrew and happy birthday :thumbup:

3. Register your bike on the manufacturers website using the serial number.

(Before you start thinking what an utter moron, I have been going to the same LBS for over five years. I have bought my son a Bianchi there and my gardener two bikes. I trusted Cycle Science implicitly as the good person from Boksburg who got my old bike will attest. I didn't haggle or try and 'nickel and dime' them as the Americans would say.)

Are you sure that the Bianchi is the genuine article?

Edited by Thug