Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CB should stage an interview with these okes for our intertainment...

Special guest: Gerrie Nel!!!

http://thenewage.co.za/cms/gall_content/2014/3/2014_3$thumbimg105_Mar_2014_194859043.gif

......or tell Ju-Ju about these Economic opportunists......he needs some credible exposure before the elections......and let the EFF do the talking.....E-void Fake Fietse!

USSD or SMS? I do not know the Samsung stuff that well. I should ask the guy if the IMEI was in the Samsung range. Could be interesting. I don't think he registered a SIM in it yet. He picked up the issue before. He does SIM app development, so might have picked it up as he was testing his app and the responses to the API was not according to full spec.

SMS only ...check* imei # to 34622

can be done from any fone brand but the imei must be of the samsung fone

If genuine... reply will be "genuine samsung"

if fake... will be"cant be verified"

Just back from overseas, first ride this morning. The legal process continues, I don't expect a quick resolution in the case of the fake bike. Hopefully this post serves as a lightning rod as I am sure CS isn't alone in this type of scam. Especially with accessories such as saddles, wheels, and components. Just like the software industry formed an industry body to combat piracy of software perhaps the cycling industry should do something similar. If not the honest LBS will face an uphill battle and be disinter-mediated by the internet and unscrupulous bike shops.

Thanks Andrew. Keep us posted. Good luck with the legal processes

Edited by Maniax

Who sets up and funds a watchdog?

Normally those who need the watching.

The more valuable the brand, the more vested interests the brand owner has in policing the industry, and therefore the more they should invest in a industry watchdog.

Hang fu bikes would not be interested in such an action, where Pinarello on the other hand would.

Normally those who need the watching.

The more valuable the brand, the more vested interests the brand owner has in policing the industry, and therefore the more they should invest in a industry watchdog.

Hang fu bikes would not be interested in such an action, where Pinarello on the other hand would.

Anyone with a vested interest would fund a watchdog body. These include customs, insurance houses, the top end bike brands and reputable dealers.

You will recall in my note to self while overseas that I purchased a Bianchi from Cycle Science for my son (his first racing bike), in June 2011 and that I should check whether it is a fake too. I have attached two pictures, and note that there isn’t a number on the bottom bracket. As with Pinarello I have no idea who the agent is for Bianchi? Perhaps someone knows someone who can verify whether this is a fake bike or not?

I plan to issue a civil and criminal summons this week and perhaps I should include this bike in the action if it is indeed a fake?

post-57379-0-33643800-1398153565_thumb.jpg

post-57379-0-66097000-1398153584_thumb.jpg

Check with cyclelab Andrew....they stock Bianchi and will confirm if its fake or not...

Take em to the cleaners...Are their doors still open for trading? Can't see them even selling a bomb after carte blanche.

Check with cyclelab Andrew....they stock Bianchi and will confirm if its fake or not...

Take em to the cleaners...Are their doors still open for trading? Can't see them even selling a bomb after carte blanche.

There is still a whole lotta cheapskates out there that will keep them ticking over.

There is still a whole lotta cheapskates out there that will keep them ticking over.

Maak my naar.... :thumbdown: