Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back from overseas, first ride this morning. The legal process continues, I don't expect a quick resolution in the case of the fake bike. Hopefully this post serves as a lightning rod as I am sure CS isn't alone in this type of scam. Especially with accessories such as saddles, wheels, and components. Just like the software industry formed an industry body to combat piracy of software perhaps the cycling industry should do something similar. If not the honest LBS will face an uphill battle and be disinter-mediated by the internet and unscrupulous bike shops.

Appreciate your actions and starting this topic.

I was considering purchasing a new Cervelo from an online bike company, not because of price but because I just could not find one in my size anywhere in Switz. The online company had one in my size....

After reading this thread and thinking about it I contacted Cervelo and they did not say they were fakes but just that they would not be covered by Cervelo warranty. I asked them about fakes and they said they had no idea where the frame sets came from but said I should exercise extreme caution.....

Probably would not have thought much about it before reading about your ordeal.

There is still a whole lotta cheapskates out there that will keep them ticking over.

Ja...and one day they will just hear "tick" and they will face plant into the tar and come crying on here. Daai wiel draai pappie :thumbup:

You will recall in my note to self while overseas that I purchased a Bianchi from Cycle Science for my son (his first racing bike), in June 2011 and that I should check whether it is a fake too. I have attached two pictures, and note that there isn’t a number on the bottom bracket. As with Pinarello I have no idea who the agent is for Bianchi? Perhaps someone knows someone who can verify whether this is a fake bike or not?

I plan to issue a civil and criminal summons this week and perhaps I should include this bike in the action if it is indeed a fake?

In-flippen-sane. If I was you (and thank goodness I am not), I would take these guys to the cleaners. Selling fakes is bad enough (already warrenteeing the death penalty - metophorically speaking wrt their business), but to sell fakes knowing its for a kid? That warrents a moerse pakslae penalty (literally speaking)!

My kid brother was about 14 whenhe got his first proper hardtail from a legit cycling shop in East London. On his first ride the front wheel came off on a gravel descent. He faceplanted and could wipe his nose with the skin from his forhead. My dad almost took the guy behind the counter for a few rounds!

Take them out AA! Seriously

Guest EdEdEd

I plan to issue a civil and criminal summons this week and perhaps I should include this bike in the action if it is indeed a fake?

They put your son's life at risk... Mop the flippen sun with their butt whiskers!!!

unless its a hail storm :whistling:

Those are green clouds.... ????

Edited by Maniax

Guest EdEdEd

Those are green clouds....

It hails peas in cape town?

It hails peas in cape town?

I lived in Graskop (mpumalanga) during my childhood, and when those clouds had a green glow about them, you knew the hail was coming. It was a good time to take shelter. Damn did those things hit hard! They easily got to the size of golf balls. Once or twice I saw them the size of tennis balls. Absolute carnage!

Edited by Maniax