Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

And even better question. If the shop sells Grey imports then what of the following came in as Grey?

Luck

Bell

Giro

Kask

luck

shimano

Serfas

Olympic

Fizik

Fox

Geax

Giro

Mito

Cube

32 GI

Kenda

Look Pedals

Vredestein Tyres

Polar

Rav-X

Ryder

Selle Italia

Shimano

Time

Mongoose

Ghost

Zero Flats

Vittoria

Weldtite

Whasp

Schwinn

Luck

GT

This is the price fixing thing all over again...

Edit reason: Was shown it is a fake... Sorry

Edited by François Marais

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wonder:

Cycle Science has long been a favorite in the Broadacres and Fourways community when it comes to quality bicycle service and products. But to set us apart from the competition, we dropped our training wheels and is proud to welcome you into the new and improved Cycle Science shop.It is run by Roberto Gallinetti and John Fitzsimmons. Roberto known as Robbie to every one cut his trade with the former Alan Van Heerden Cycles where he ran the shop for Alan for 16 years. Robbie has been in the industry for 28 years and has extensive knowledge and expertise in the cycling business. John has been in the industry for 8 years and has applied himself to the industry like a veteran.

Just have to wonder if Mr Van Heerden would love to be connected with this shop. Even having your name on their website at this moment must be like poison.

Edited by Wyatt Earp

I just wonder:

Cycle Science has long been a favorite in the Broadacres and Fourways community when it comes to quality bicycle service and products. But to set us apart from the competition, we dropped our training wheels and is proud to welcome you into the new and improved Cycle Science shop.It is run by Roberto Gallinetti and John Fitzsimmons. Roberto known as Robbie to every one cut his trade with the former Alan Van Heerden Cycles where he ran the shop for Alan for 16 years. Robbie has been in the industry for 28 years and has extensive knowledge and expertise in the cycling business. John has been in the industry for 8 years and has applied himself to the industry like a veteran.

Just have to wonder if Mr Van Heerden would love to be connected with this shop. Even having your name on their website at this moment must be like poison.

You mean "would have loved to have been connected"

I for one feel that if this is how they trade, they don't deserve much sympathy.

I would however like to see if the OP can prove that he knew for a fact that he was not buying a fake.

What if they actually did play open cards ?

I for one feel that if this is how they trade, they don't deserve much sympathy.

I would however like to see if the OP can prove that he knew for a fact that he was not buying a fake.

Agree on the zero sympathy. Does it really matter whether the OP can prove the rest?? They are selling a FAKE pinarello. As a business how are they getting away with that??? How do their suppliers feel about this business practise??

Edited by Tubehunter

What I mean is if you read things like this (He is in the trade for 28 years, and worked for Mr van Heerden for 16 years) and now is involved in a scandal like this (and may I say it eclipses the thundering Oscar case at the moment) I would not want to have been connected with a person like this. It is just like being a AWB member and then admitting that you worked for the ANC in the past...

It would be suicide to say the least.

The article on "Sense" in Wikipedia is about the physiological capacities of organisms that provide data for perception, e.g. for humans, sight, hearing, taste, smell, and touch. It's very interesting. But what is the connection between it and what you are talking about???

COMMON sense

Split hairs much?

Does that really matter?? They are selling a FAKE pinarello. As a business how are they getting away with that??? How do their suppliers feel about this business practise??

Yes it matters.

IF they played open cards with the OP, then his job to fight them is that much more difficult.

I never said that I condone the sale of fakes, and if I was ASG I would actually get my butt off my seat and fight this equally hard.

What I mean is if you read things like this (He is in the trade for 28 years, and worked for Mr van Heerden for 16 years) and now is involved in a scandal like this (and may I say it eclipses the thundering Oscar case at the moment) I would not want to have been connected with a person like this. It is just like being a AWB member and then admitting that you worked for the ANC in the past...

It would be suicide to say the least.

I was referring to the fact that we speak of the Idol in the past tense now.

There's a guy selling Pina's on the corner of Rabie and Jan Smuts - I should remember to ask if those are genuine..

Let me use this example. If I worked for a company that sells grey software (and yes there are many out there) and they get busted by the BSA. Would I want my name connected to that company. Hell no!!!

Now just to go to Van Heerden Cycles will light the connection with Robbie. And that will not be the best PR thing to have for any cycling shop at the moment.

I was referring to the fact that we speak of the Idol in the past tense now.

Understood.

Did not know he passed away...

Edited by François Marais

Agree on the zero sympathy. Does it really matter whether the OP can prove the rest?? They are selling a FAKE pinarello. As a business how are they getting away with that??? How do their suppliers feel about this business practise??

Yes it does matter, otherwise it becomes a mud slinging contest....he said....they said...you knew...I didn't know...warra warra

I said it before, was there an invoice and what was written on it? 1 x Pina or 1 x ?

Yes it matters.

IF they played open cards with the OP, then his job to fight them is that much more difficult.

I never said that I condone the sale of fakes, and if I was ASG I would actually get my butt off my seat and fight this equally hard.

I see your point, but how many people go into a shop and ask whether the branded bike they are buying is legit or assume that as a registered business they are following a code of practise that does not condone pushing an item as the real thing when in reality it is a fake?

The way Andrew wrote his input so far suggests to me that he was at this shop hoping to buy the genuine article and had mulled over the purchase for 3 months before pulling the trigger to part with the money as a "To Andrew, From Andrew" 50th birthday pressie.

Edited by Tubehunter

I see your point, but how many people go into a shop and ask whether the branded bike they are buying is legit or assume that as a registered business they are following a code of practise that does not condone pushing an item as the real thing when in reality it is a fake?

The way Andrew wrote his input so far suggests to me that he was at this shop hoping to buy the genuine article and had mulled over the purchase for 3 months before pulling the trigger to part with the money as a "To Andrew, From Andrew" 50th birthday pressie.

Yip, and if this is genuinely the case, I feel very sorry for him.