Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

The Consumer Protection Act says that you are entitled to full compensation if you can prove you were sold defective or counterfeit goods.

The law says that period - no need to even try and read the CPA, incomprehensible as it is.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea true, have bought from said shop, but they do stand by their "grey" imports though...which is all I really want at the end of the day.

Who?

I'm still trying to work out what is more embarrassing... a proper bike shop selling fake goods or the comments from certain hubbers.

The mind boggles

and here you thought only death and taxes were certain ...

Tuesday toilet humour, and you're cheap too. Anyway, you didn't shout "dibs", so the offer is void.

No dibs no sale!

I think the advice of not going on social media if I want my money back is probably apt. However, I said to my lawyer there are two things we shouldn’t consider, firstly signing any form of non-disclosure agreement and secondly that they re-sell the fake bike. Last Saturday, late morning I was cycling in the Cradle when I guy a similar age came up next to me and said ‘my daughter has the same bike as you’. Well can you imagine, if someone’s daughter had bought the fake bike and came up next to me and said, ‘my daughter had a bike like yours but it cracked while going downhill and now she is in a wheelchair’.

SO RECAP, SHOP HAS BEEN INFORMED AND IS NOT ANSWERING TO THE ALLEGATIONS

either they think its not worth answering in there opinion or .......................

Edited by DIPSLICK

I think the advice of not going on social media if I want my money back is probably apt. However, I said to my lawyer there are two things we shouldn’t consider, firstly signing any form of non-disclosure agreement and secondly that they re-sell the fake bike. Last Saturday, late morning I was cycling in the Cradle when I guy a similar age came up next to me and said ‘my daughter has the same bike as you’. Well can you imagine, if someone’s daughter had bought the fake bike and came up next to me and said, ‘my daughter had a bike like yours but it cracked while going downhill and now she is in a wheelchair’.

maybe when all the dust has settled we would like a update :thumbup: :thumbup: good luck

- It appears you don't have clarity on the genuine/fake issue coz you still question it

wtf are you on about? like i said its been established that the bike is fake.

- It's FAKE, not remotely grey or parallel

duh.

- The LBS lied to him TWICE, initially on date of purchase and then again when they stated "he knew the bike was a grey import"

maybe there is a reason the LBS argues that - its trying to hide behind the fact that he knew it was a grey... just playing devil's advocate here... am not bashing the OP at all.

- I ride a 2013 20k Silverback Space 1.0, I didn't check the existence of a serial number when I bought it from my LBS, I doubt many people do.

neither did I. but i accept that these are the toyota corollas of bicycles... probably not really worth counterfeiting them anyway - but a 90k Pina?

I asked that question earlier…

must have missed it... my bad... its a long thread.. but no answer on it right?

As i said not bashing the OP at all. Nor gray imports. I mean we all love a good bargain. Selling some something which its clearly not is truly machiavellian.

Was merely wondering if the CPA offers any sort of protection regarding grays?

The Consumer Protection Act says that you are entitled to full compensation if you can prove you were sold defective or counterfeit goods.

And that answers that. ta GoLefty!!

SO RECAP, SHOP HAS BEEN INFORMED AND IS NOT ANSWERING TO THE ALLEGATIONS

either they think its not worth answering in there opinion or .......................

......or they are in the process of closing their doors.

Hi Andrew

This is really a schocker of note.

Andrew

This is a schocker of note, certainly wont go there aver again. Did they disclose it was "grey" when selling it, or did they sell it to you as a full legal bike. also, what is ASG's stnce on this, it seems they are selling other ASG products, one would imagine they have a few bones to pick with the shop (understatement).

really sorry for you and others in this situation

I think the advice of not going on social media if I want my money back is probably apt.

I don't subscribe to that school of thought. Social media is an environment almost guaranteed to get results, either way. They burnt you, and refused to do the right thing when you re-approached them after discovering they sold you a dud. They deserve to be outed, shamed, publicly flogged and thoroughly humiliated for their arrogance, greed, lack of ethics and dishonesty.

I say OFF WITH THEIR HEADS.

Besides the OP....ASG will surely be on this in a flash...I mean its their brand and their livelyhood which they didn't pay pennies for(ito distribution rights in SA).

Is it just my bad search skills, or did their vleisbook en tjirper pages vanish?

Nope, both pages are gone with the wind, like the cowards they appear to be for refusing to answer the damning allegations against them.