Giro d' Italia 2014

'Dale

... Like I've said before, he's got a lot of maturing to do in terms of his understanding of race tactics and of his own human limitations.

“With Arredondo we still had another option for the win. I told him to wait, to stay with the GC leaders and try at the very end. Julian was too nervous, though, and wasted his chance. He is young and still learning: It was a lesson to be learned today.”

- Adriano Baffi (director)

“I wanted the stage win too much. Fabio was out front and I wanted to take advantage of his help and I think I went too early. I should have stayed calm, been more patient, and attacked at the end so I would have more chance.”

- Julian Arredondo

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

“With Arredondo we still had another option for the win. I told him to wait, to stay with the GC leaders and try at the very end. Julian was too nervous, though, and wasted his chance. He is young and still learning: It was a lesson to be learned today.”

- Adriano Baffi (director)

“I wanted the stage win too much. Fabio was out front and I wanted to take advantage of his help and I think I went too early. I should have stayed calm, been more patient, and attacked at the end so I would have more chance.”

- Julian Arredondo

Watching it on telly you want to scream at him knowing what will happen next but its understandable that in the heat of the moment he was going for it.

http://www.velogames.com/

But you would have needed to submit your team before the Giro started, so too late for this round.

We'l be doing the same for the TDF, but I want to look at another Fantasy League site - one that allows rider changes during the tour. The one we've got now doesn't, which is a serious pain.

i think last year we played here http://www.ultimated...asy-league.html

Edited by fanievb

Ja, Ultimate Dream Teams is also where I want to go for the TDF. Played it the last couple of years, and a better setup coz you've got a budget of something like 15 transfers you can make during the 3 weeks.

I wonder if rider first engineered frame played a role in yesterdays win for Aru... :whistling:

"Its not about the bike"

Lance Armstrong

:ph34r:

Gotta admire the longevity of this PRO.... What a racer!

Not a fan of his but i do admire the hell out of the man and his amazing achievements.

Announcement at 17h00 today re possible alterations to tomorrows route.

With the hilly TT to come, I don't see anyone but Uran winning this years Tour. Cuddles looked broken after yesterdays final climb and Quintana is probably just a little too far back.

With the hilly TT to come, I don't see anyone but Uran winning this years Tour. Cuddles looked broken after yesterdays final climb and Quintana is probably just a little too far back.

I'm not going to rule Quintana out just yet.