Giro d' Italia 2014

'Dale

I think Quintana sums it up best:

"I don't understand why there is a polemic (dispute). I made up more time on the climb, we didn't make so much on the descent," said Quintana.

Wouldn't be right to penalise him.

Surely if it was neutralised they would've penalised them on route already. . The officials would've ridden to them and said.. hey it was neutralised and bla bla.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There might be some protesting today.

Let's see.

But there is tension towards the administrators of the race.

Pity.

Slight shuffle in the top 3 after stage 16, but SwissVan is still securely on top:

http://www.velogames.com/giro-ditalia/2014/images/logos/VEL.png supervan jack 3794

http://www.velogames.com/giro-ditalia/2014/images/logos/UNZ.png AVBoas Constrictors Liam Culligan 3547

http://www.velogames.com/giro-ditalia/2014/images/logos/108.png Cuddles & the Cunning Stunts Hello Colour 3381

Edited by ScottC-M

There might be some protesting today.

Let's see.

But there is tension towards the administrators of the race.

Pity.

Well they can always go redo the stage.. Wouldn't mind seeing Quintana do that all over again.

We have all seen horrible referee decisions in other sport. It is HTFU and game on. Nothing will be changed. Play until the whistle goes etc.

Well they can always go redo the stage.. Wouldn't mind seeing Quintana do that all over again.

The lack of any sign on his face of being tired suggests he could do it easily!

The lack of any sign on his face of being tired suggests he could do it easily!

It's incredible .. and afterwards he didnt even look kaput..

Its scary how much time Quintana can snatch in the mountain stages... a game changer if you ask me, guys would be foolish not to put their money on this mountain goat. I was pretty impressed with Ryders performance yesterday!

Wonder if Uran will manage to finish top 3 from here on?

The motivation and all hope must be gone to perform well. 2nd is still great, but these okes come to win.

This could lead to 2 things, either Uran looses more time or Uran will hit that Hill climb TT so hard that the tv broadcasting misses him.

Uran will give his all on the TT. If that does not work well he may fade very badly right at the end.

giro d'italia, stage 16: statement

The BMC Racing Team has issued a statement in response to several incidents which occurred on Tuesday during Stage 16 of the Giro d'Italia.

Tuesday's stage of the Giro d'Italia was a complete travesty, as teams were given an official communication at the top of Stelvio Pass that the race would be controlled for safety reasons on the downhill due to road safety and other factors.

All but two teams respected this official communication. The UCI and the race organization have a responsibility to see that the rules are respected. In addition to disrespecting the race instructions regarding race neutrality, several teams pre-determined that they alone would be allowed to have more than the designated two follow cars in the peloton, which showed complete disrespect for the other 20 teams in the race.

We take no position against the three riders that rode together to the finish. However, the UCI and race organizer RCS have a responsibility to maintain fair racing conditions, which we believe did not take place. We also believe that teams which disregarded the caravan follow car rules acted in an unsportsmanlike and totally unacceptable manner.

Respectfully,

Jim Ochowicz

President/General Manager, BMC Racing Team

Edited by gummibear

Hardman Cuddles:

"Today's racing was so nuts I can't quite believe it myself… and I was there!"

"At the end of the day the stage became like ancient Rome or like modern Hunger Games. I'm actually surprised that winner of the stage doesn't have to fight with tigers. It was just a show for television, for the fans, like in ancient Rome. I think it's sick. I got up there OK and we're not afraid of fighting in a race and giving everything but when it's just about seeing people in the snow, it's stupid... was probably cool 20 years ago. We all like to live in the modern world with a new TV but they all want to talk about how cool the old times were. Now they can see us warming on the side of the road in HD...every rider can decide how much to risk their life. But it seems strange to me that a team is willing to risk the investments they make in their riders and especially in their team leaders. If a rider crashes out because of the bad conditions, that could they're out for half of the season or even the whole year. I don't think it's worth the risk."

Bernie Eisel, Team Sky, complaining about yesterday's epic stage

What a stage that was (only watched late last night)

Quintana climbed like a goat, but Ryder did very well imo to stick with the little columbian.

You gotta feel for Cuddles as stated before.

The good news for me is...with Quintana giving it horns in the Giro he'll run out of gas during the tour which will benefit my man Berto!