[Event] Robertson Winery Wacky Wine MTB 2014

Robertson Winery MTB

Event Name: Robertson Winery Wacky Wine MTB 2014
When: 7 June 2014
Where: Paru Farm, Robertson, Western Cape
Category: MTB

DATE: Saturday 7 June 2014

ORGANISER: Robertson Winery

VENUE: Paru Farm, Robertson (10km out on McGregor Rd)

DISTANCES AND STARTING TIMES:

57km @ 07h30 (NEW)

42km @ 08h00

29km @ 08h30

12km @ 08h50

LUCKY DRAW/CUT OFF: 12h30

PRE-ENTRIES CLOSE: 5 June 2014

ONLINE ENTRIES: www.pedalpower.org.za

ENQUIRIES: Niel van Velden on 082 558 0101 or 021 883 8043 or Email: niel@robertsonwine.co.za

ROUTE DESCRIPTION: The 57km, 42 km and 29 km route riders can look forward to a scenic ride through the vineyards and over undulating hills in the Robertson Valley.

The NEW 57 km route is for the serious riders that like a challenge. This will be the first year that we'll host a 57km and we look forward to see the endurance riders tackle this one. Please do not attempt if you don't do these distances on a regular basis. The route will follow much of the 42km ride but will split off allowing you to "opt out" if need be and continue with the 42km should you be struggling. This one will be tough!

The 42 km route is a rewarding route for fit riders, as this route includes challenging and technical climbs and descents. Only experienced riders should attempt this route.

The 29 km route, on the other hand, is a pleasant meander through vineyards and over gentle hills and is not as technical as the longer routes. Expect a combination of jeep and single track sections on all three the longer routes.

The 12 km route consists only of jeep tracks and is suitable for children and novices.

NOTES: All four routes are opened exclusively for this event! The maps and profiles attached is there to give an indication of what the routes will look like but are subject to change as determined by the organizers. This funride forms part of the Wacky Wine Weekend Festival in Robertson. Each participant older than 18 will receive a bottle of Robertson Winery wine or grape juice. Participants younger than 18 will receive a bottle of Robertson Winery grape juice. All children u/12 must be accompanied by an adult. Children u/10 will be allowed on the 12km route. Many lucky draw prizes to be won!

FRIDAY NIGHT RIDE: For those who are coming through on the Friday, we'll have a relaxed night ride to get the legs going. We'll follow the 12km route on the jeep tracks through the vineyards.

SPORTS MASSAGES will be available after the event. Please book in advance as this will secure your massage. Walk-ins also welcome. To book contact Susan-Marie on 071 886 0522 or email her at sportmassage@kainostennis.com

CAMPING FACILITES are also available at the venue. Please contact Liz on 084 554 6307 for further details.

DIRECTIONS TO VENUE: From Robertson, take the McGregor turn-off. Cross over the Breede River, and take the left fork to McGregor. Continue for about 7km, and then turn left on the gravel road (PARU). Continue for a further 2km along the grave road and turn left to Paru Farm.

One hour and fifty minutes from Cape Town.

REMEMBER TO WEAR YOUR PPA FUNRIDE NUMBER

LOADS OF LUCKY DRAW PRIZES

Go to Event Page

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone!

We are getting ready for our annual Robertson Winery Wacky Wine Weekend MTB!

We are very excited to offer a 58km route for the first time this year as well as a night ride on the Friday night before the event.

Looking forward to see you there!

Don't know if this is the same thing but many.many years ago I did a race in Robertson where they had a hill called Blood,Sweat and Gears . Not for the weak .

We had the Epic go over a fair bit of the route in 2012. They went over again on stage 2 this year but used much less of the route than in 2012.

The first 20 or so km of the 42km route is brilliant!!!!

What can we expect from the 15 extra km on the 57km route?

Edited by Pooyan

Looking forward to this event,have done work on Paru and it is a beautiful farm.does anyone know how much of the track,if any,runs alongside the river?

All Sports Tours is running a shuttle from Cape Town to the event. Cost R490.00 pp including bike transport. Contact Maria 082 899 7887

post-38519-0-08328100-1398370900_thumb.jpg

This is the 42km route, the 57km is the same but with 15km at the end, not sure where exactly it will go.

Brilliant event last year, did the 30km event as a newbie and loved every minute, plan on making a comeback in 2014. And then spend the afternoon trying to find a farm which isnt too overpopulated with horribly drunk people, ugh.