Shimano SA ( CPT)

wepat

Dear Shimano,

how can you not have any stock in CPT for the next 2-3 weeks not sure about the rest of SA but not a single LBS in CPT has spare or any XT brakes.

This is poor considering its one of the most popular brakes lots of people support your brand not sure who you local agent is?? being supportive of its consumers being us Hubbers and customers being our LBS.

get stock in and keep some buffer stock

Wepat

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chain Reaction at full price works out to R1593.00, discount is R1062.00 and Evo Bikes at discount are R3250.00

what are the import duties on the Chain reaction cycles goods?

what are the import duties on the Chain reaction cycles goods?

Around 14-16% (except for clothing and full bikes).

Plus add shipping. I believe between R150-R350 depending on the option.

Edited by Nick.

so it would still be cheaper to import rather than buy from a SA store...

Also need to add 14% VAT payable to SARS via the clearing agent based on the import value on the commercial invoice. So add purchase price + 29% (14% VAT + 15% Duties) + shipping cost + clearing costs to get the full real import price.

Also need to add 14% VAT payable to SARS via the clearing agent based on the import value on the commercial invoice. So add purchase price + 29% (14% VAT + 15% Duties) + shipping cost + clearing costs to get the full real import price.

Uhm - Chainreaction prices are PER SIDE only.

So calculate again...

Our price is for an ICE-TEC SET.

Thanks for your reply I will contact you in future , I am actually only looking for RH lever but from what I have been told you have to buy a set or the entire brake set.

We have I-spec levers loose if that will work.

I don't believe that this is correct. Last time I checked there was no duty on cycling parts. http://www.thehubsa....-cycling-goods/

But go with EVO. Local is lekker (when the price is right) ;)

Edited by Nick.

No duties on parts.

So VAT and possibly a handling fee

I recently had a set of M785 XT Brakes sent to Shimano for servicing because one lever piston got stuck and the calliper itself was leaking oil. It came back with a note:

"brake is too old you need to buy a new one, but: Sorry no stock."

Enquiries did not trigger a further response. After research and help and explanation from elsewhere I learned that the XT brakes are actually not meant to be serviced. There are no seal kits available for the lever nor the calliper.

While I truely love these brakes I am left flabbergasted. So it is "enjoy it while it lasts" and then chuck them in the bin? This is just a pity.

Maybe this comment will get us some more comment from Shimano than the enquiries via the LBS, maybe not...

However I thought you guys should know this...

I recently had a set of M785 XT Brakes sent to Shimano for servicing because one lever piston got stuck and the calliper itself was leaking oil. It came back with a note:

"brake is too old you need to buy a new one, but: Sorry no stock."

Enquiries did not trigger a further response. After research and help and explanation from elsewhere I learned that the XT brakes are actually not meant to be serviced. There are no seal kits available for the lever nor the calliper.

While I truely love these brakes I am left flabbergasted. So it is "enjoy it while it lasts" and then chuck them in the bin? This is just a pity.

Maybe this comment will get us some more comment from Shimano than the enquiries via the LBS, maybe not...

However I thought you guys should know this...

heres a quick fix

Just go buy AVIDS......problem sorted :ph34r: