Sani2c 2014 undertrained

Evening gents,

Ive been sick this month and could only do 5 rides that amounts to 129km

I did do 1490km with an elevation gain of 18500 from 1 jan to now so i think i have an ok base

Did the sani2c 2013, think im going to suffer bigtime this year, really stressed!!

Lemmy know what u think

Ace

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be fine

I did 10% of your total distance last year and did okay in 2013. Poeth of a climb was hell tough

My Joberg2c partner did less than you, he was sick with flu 4weeks before the race and then had his appendix out 2 weeks before the race and he managed the Joberg2C and we went under the 14hour mark for the Sani2c leg! You should be fine, just don't race it and take it easy and enjoy the experience

BTW, a friend of mine spoke to Grant Usher (SS legend at Joberg2C) and he said that many ppl are over trained. He did nothing for 2.5weeks leading up to the race and the guy friggen owned on his SS.

You'll be fine, just take it easy. Forget about riding now as you won't get any fitter in a week. Just focus on getting and staying healthy. I rode last year with a bug and had a torrid time. Do your best to be 100% healthy and you'll be fine. You do have the base.

I'm also under-trained compared to previous years. 1,520 km and 14,500 m ascent. But I'm up for it. I'm going to take each day one hour at a time, assuming it will be a long day in the saddle. I'm starting in M, so no prospect of falling much further back. At least that gives me an extra 45 minutes of sleep each day.

Strange, but I have I never felt over-trained and underweight going into any Sani before. :blush:

You done more then me total.. I have done 1300km total.... Although close to 50000m climbing... So I guess that helps

that's a really serious average gradient... where were you riding?

I can't believe that you chaps are saying you are undertrained. With those milage figures you should all be in the top 50% of the 3 events combined. I'm only sitting at 840km with 18400m of climbing and another 23 hrs on a spinning bike and we're looking at under 13.5hrs in the adventure.

Main thing to make sure of is that your partner doesn't kill you or you overtax yourself trying to keep up. Good partnering is riding at the weaker pace

You done more then me total.. I have done 1300km total.... Although close to 50000m climbing... So I guess that helps

Where the Hell do you Train to get that Ratio km/elevation... (3846m/100km riding on average)

That's a bigger ratio everyday than any Epic Stage...

I've done 4654km since Jan 1st with 62508m ascent (1358m/100km)

And Mine includes Garden Route 300, Cape Rouleur and Cape Epic

I think I need to come Join you for a few Months... :eek:

Dude, we're in exactly the same boat in this regard.

2014 is my first S2C, courtesy of place gifted by a racing reptile mate of mine...I only got back on a bike about three months' ago (after not riding for YEARS).

To add insult to injury, the possie I got is in the RACE and the seeding is right up at the sharp end of the Race (i.e. right behind the pros...) :oops: .

To state that I am keerapping myself is the understatement of the Century... :eek:

What's worse - embarrassment or death? :drool: