Work on Vasbyt

marko35s

Looking good. Difficult to see from the photo angles, is there a bit of a lip before the bridge to encourage jumping it, or not?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good. Difficult to see from the photo angles, is there a bit of a lip before the bridge to encourage jumping it, or not?
Not a lip really but it is an incline making a jump very possible.

6am is prayer time :)

Please almighty father / Allah / chosen deity / spaghetti monster / nessie protect me from my own stupidity, immunise me from strava monsters and the discourteous climbers who shalt not pull over for those practicing the black art of DESCENT.

Something like that?

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

:thumbdown: :thumbdown:

more like praying for forgiveness in practicing the black art :eek:

Edited by Eddy Gordo

Please almighty father / Allah / chosen deity / spaghetti monster / nessie protect me from my own stupidity, immunise me from strava monsters and the discourteous climbers who shalt not pull over for those practicing the black art of DESCENT.

Something like that?

something like that... ^_^ (and overnight Pro MTBer skills) Edited by TAAHIRWP

Some more pictures of the latest work, just below where the other pics were taken.

Very much smoother and appears wider.

And no I didn't ride it I just went up there to take the pictures (although by the looks of it someone had been dragging brakes big time all the way down Vasbyt and My Roots sometime today)

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r251/mss-65/20140509_140351_zpse0eaf1e9.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r251/mss-65/20140509_140416_zpsde1ea659.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r251/mss-65/20140509_140438_zps61cc08ee.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r251/mss-65/20140509_140409_zps991c4405.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r251/mss-65/20140509_140449_zps7333f9e7.jpg

Ha, that place is hardly recognizable. Must say I started enjoying the extra concentration the trail damage required in that area but this looks amazing.

Yup, I went through there last night. It rides like a manicured piece of track. That is good / bad depending on your point of view. Jokes aside, this is exactly what Tokai needs: Trails lined with clay from top to bottom. That way it will withstand the huge number of riders as well as the weather a lot better. :)

Ha, that place is hardly recognizable. Must say I started enjoying the extra concentration the trail damage required in that area but this looks amazing.

It certainly encourages you to carry more speed through that section. A big plus for me is the small broken stump just after the little wooden section is gone, but only after spitefully giving me one last flat tyre and the attendent long walk to the carpark.

It certainly encourages you to carry more speed through that section. A big plus for me is the small broken stump just after the little wooden section is gone, but only after spitefully giving me one last flat tyre and the attendent long walk to the carpark.

the walk of Shame for not carrying a spare tube. .....

It's sods law in action.

Carried a spare tube for the past year all over Tokai and other places, number of punctures nil.

Give the tube away to a person in need, forget to replace it, and two rides later...

Get home and fix the puncture, yet again forget to buy a spare tube and the next ride my youngster gets a pinch flat. I mean really the little whippet doesn't even register on a scale and he manages a pinch flat.

Thankfully a few helpful people came along and helped us out. The first gave us a tube and the second pair helped with a bomb after it finally dawned on me that the pump I was carrying was bloody faulty.

Really lucky I suppose because apparently abandoning an eleven year on the mountain if frowned on...

Edit - Oh and any walk of shame lists from me "not carrying a spare tube" would be way down the list...

Edited by marko35s

Guest Omega Man

If you have Mavic 823's you can just ride down the road on the flat. No worries. Unfortunately I think the 823 is a reference to the weight of each rim.

Went down Vasbyt on Saturday with my lighty. Looks great with awesome flow. Chuffed to see bridge repaired. Can't wait to go down full tilt.

Keep up the great work - Well done :thumbup:

\

That is good news - that stump getting more pronounced as the ground eroded. Going to give it a whirl this evening.

There used to be a sharp rock sticking out just below the pallet below the jump just before this (now clayed over). I hit it twice in two weeks - once flatted my front and once the rear. Those were the days of XC tyres...

• 3 weeks later...

Big up to Bennet and the crew doing the maintenance. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

The section from the new divert down to the long bridge is SUPERFAST. Rode it for the first time in two weeks, and the change is amazing. Super smooth, super fast, beautifully bermed where required. It's just begging you to carry top speed through that section. Keep it up guys.

Guest Omega Man

Big up to Bennet and the crew doing the maintenance. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

The section from the new divert down to the long bridge is SUPERFAST. Rode it for the first time in two weeks, and the change is amazing. Super smooth, super fast, beautifully bermed where required. It's just begging you to carry top speed through that section. Keep it up guys.

Nice. The guy is a magician.