[Event] MTN National MTB Series #6 Van Gaalen Driven By Nissan

WesselvdWalt

I think I've ridden this Nguni trail. Nice piece of real estate.

I think the key with the babyheads/marbles is to call "track" clearly and early if you're riding it.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I've ridden this Nguni trail. Nice piece of real estate.

I think the key with the babyheads/marbles is to call "track" clearly and early if you're riding it.

I struggle on those normally...burn match after match to go 7km/h....thinking of just chucking the bike on my back and running it up to the bend where the tree is...you are home and dry after it

Let go the brakes and bomb down... you only need to brake by the turn :ph34r:

You using brakes at babyheads....that rough section just after the concrete, still pretty steep loose climbing....sir you need help

Edited by rouxtjie

You using brakes at babyheads....that rough section just after the concrete, still pretty steep loose climbing....sir you need help

skillzzzz clearly doesn't know his way round mordor very well....please take some food for him...or his bike is gonna end up in the bushes

Ah ok, I was thinking of the downhill part once you have gone past all of that.

Those round rocks are not lekker to climb, thats where my other half likes to fall over and fracture her wrist

He is thinking of another place. Baby heads after concrete strips is where I get off and run to the top

Edited by flat29

Nice to have softish tyres to wrap around all those rocks, but rocks can sharpish so sidewall protection is a good idea., Also soft is good for the sandy bits, I got for 1.8 bar front, 2 back, others will go lower.

Recommended Tyre pressure for this race? For hard and softer walled tires?

tyre pressure is also dependent on what you weigh. I'll be runnin 1.8 rear and 1.6 front, schwalbe tyres

tyre pressure is also dependent on what you weigh. I'll be runnin 1.8 rear and 1.6 front, schwalbe tyres

Agree.

As a light weight, 60kg, I run mine at 22psi which is about 1.6 bar.

+1

Min of 1.8 rear....its rocky on the descents

That

Cannot find any info on registration venues for pickup and entries ? Help please

Friday or Saturday at the farm I think

67kg

Back: schwalbe racing ralph: 1.0bar

Front: schwalbe rocket ron: 0.8bar

Did this on magalies monster's half and seamed to be fine on the rocky sections. Have been riding this pressure for the past year or so on mtn/nissan/other races.

Should I go higher for van gaalen marathon? First time doing this marathon.