CycleLab Fourways - Rip offs

schmoo

I took my Garmin on 13 April to get repaired as it would not charge. I had to do all the follow up. Over 4 weeks later I get a call after going to the store earlier in the day and losing it to say the cost to repair is R2450. I told them that I would collect it the next day which u did and took it myself to Garmin. A soft reboot, software upgrade and 10 minutes later I left with a perfectly working Garmin at no cost to myself. How can CycleLab justify there quote. Disgusting. New store but same old poor service unfortunately.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told the cost was to replace the battery and the only reason they were calling me was perhaps I should buy the upgrade ie Garmin Edge 810 instead of repairing mine

If this is the whole story it is really shocking. Cyclelab Fourways was active on the Hub prior to opening - they should also respond to this to give their side.

I was told the cost was to replace the battery and the only reason they were calling me was perhaps I should buy the upgrade ie Garmin Edge 810 instead of repairing mine

Was the R2450 to upgrade then?

Probably was, they take in your defective unit and you get a new one at a discounted price. R2450 sounds low for an 810 though.

4-kin skelms. Thassall.

6 post in and u raging a supplier already, cry me a river.

Nope. Not 6 posts. 1 post repeated 6 times. He has posted the identical rant before

4 weeks, R 2450 vs a reboot by Garmin

very simple deduction, being a noob poster doesnt bother me provided it is fact, after 4 weeks, I will not smaak to engage them further