Back from Road cycling - I can barely feel my Willy

Guest EdEdEd

Quite a normal sensation as that strategically located vein gets squished and diminush bloodflow to ol' Spike.

Make a habit of:

Moving around in the saddle

Stand up occasionally

Also, consider a saddle with a relief zone.

A bike fit is ALWAYS a good idea if you are very enthusiastic and wants to ride lots.

Actually the pudendal nerve is mostly the culprit

http://www.pudendalhope.info/sites/default/files/AC1357_02A.jpg

To the OP:

You are not standing up enough while cycing...

And your setup might need some tweeks (as was suggested by others) to relive pressure on that nerve

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys know where I can get a proper setup done without the cost of an arm and a leg? I know its important and Im not trying to be a penny pincher but Ive already spent so much on bike and accessories, my budget doesn't allow any more spend on cycling this year

YouTube, bunch of instuctionals on there...if that doesn't resolve...use your arm and your leg to save dear Willy.

Edited by Der Meister

I am home now and my reproductive organ is strangely numb.

What can I change apart from the rail position, rail tilt and my seating position?

Numb hands? change gloves and handlebar tape.

Seat:- Best thing to change is not sitting on your knob. :mellow:

Edited by Li Mu Bai

Actually the pudendal nerve is mostly the culprit

http://www.pudendalhope.info/sites/default/files/AC1357_02A.jpg

To the OP:

You are not standing up enough while cycing...

And your setup might need some tweeks (as was suggested by others) to relive pressure on that nerve

I love google

"Back from Road cycling - I can barely feel my Willy"

Somethiong wrong with your hands.? :eek:

So it was my second ever road cycle today with a road bike.

The seat was making my bum hurt for over an hour. I still feel bruised on my butt cheeks.

My question is what do I need to do to my seat post to prevent this sensation?

What can I change apart from the rail position, rail tilt and my seating position?

iff problem persists tie a sting to it almost like a teabag. it will help when doing a trailside wee

Had a similar issue when I changed saddles a while back. What helped:

1) slight downward of the front of the saddle

2) moved saddle forward, more 'over' the cranks

3) aim to sit with your two little bum bones on the wings of the seat (you'll feel those bones if you sit on something hard and rock around a bit)

4) get out of the saddle everyone now and then to help circulation

Hope you get it fixed, it's no fun taking a wee when out riding and feeling like you're touching someone else's willy :D

So it was my second ever road cycle today with a road bike.

The seat was making my bum hurt for over an hour. I still feel bruised on my butt cheeks.

My question is what do I need to do to my seat post to prevent this sensation?

Apart from all the good advice on position and set-up etc. I think there's also a part of it that it just happens becasue you're new to the sport and your body needs to get used to it.

1st 94.7 I did, I didnt have sensation there until the Thursday after the Sunday. Over time this came down, along with the erratic splashing, to where it wasnt a problem at all.

There is lots of info on the web about correct saddle height and position. I found the best point of departure is to sit on the bike in a doorway or something that you can lean against with your shoulder, at the bottom of the pedal stroke (6 o-clock) you should have a 25 degree bend in your leg with your foot horizontal, that should get your saddle height right. Then bring your foot up to 3 o-clock, your kneecap should be directly above the pedal axle (use a plumb line if you are unsure).

That should get your 95% of the way to a good fit. It will take around 3 weeks of regular riding to get "saddle fit".

Cyclefit in Northcliff. The 1h30 fit costs R700 and it will be perfect to the millimeter. If it is saddle related they can suggest replacements, but if your budget is strained you can always go back a couple of months later and get what you need.

It is the best money I have ever spent on my bikes.

The guys really know their stuff and are professional and pleasant to deal with. My LBS where I bought my back wanted to charge me double for a full bike fit.

Although I have lots of TITS and my indoor trainer has a full carbon saddle with no cover, I have found that certain rides still hurt. A MTB race is always good because of the time out of the saddle. Likewise road races with lost of standing climbing. The ones that get you are the flat races where you sit and TT/ grind away at high cadence. By pushing a bigger gear I think you "lift" a microscopic amount. Anyway it good for the legs (all of them) to stand a bit now and then.

Bike Fit.

TITS.

Stand at regular intervals.

HTFU.

Do all of the above ~ your dick will thank you for it.

How bout if you ask a nice lady to feel it for you

We need pictures first! :devil:

Of him, not of his you-know-what :w00t: :ph34r: