Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More pics of that RVF please! I like that a lot.

I sold it to a lightie for...........15k. The love affair is over.

His dad came to look at the El Camino my mate was building and just on a whim I told them to go look at the RVF. It was stolen from my house in April. Along with my gorgeous Shoei lid and A Stars boots. Bastard theives.

The bike was recovered a week later but I can't ride it anymore. It's kind of like sleeping with a girlfriend once you know she nailed your best friend.

Having said that my new bike is MUCH better in EVERY SINGLE WAY! I honestly can't imagine ever needing 1000cc.

His dad came to look at the El Camino my mate was building and just on a whim I told them to go look at the RVF. It was stolen from my house in April. Along with my gorgeous Shoei lid and A Stars boots. Bastard theives.

The bike was recovered a week later but I can't ride it anymore. It's kind of like sleeping with a girlfriend once you know she nailed your best friend.

Having said that my new bike is MUCH better in EVERY SINGLE WAY! I honestly can't imagine ever needing 1000cc.

15k?!!!? Are you mental!? 

Bloody hell. No wonder he snapped it up. Finding those things in good nick at less than 30k is like finding a virgin hooker. 

EDIT: On the driving what they stole thing... yeah, i kinda know what you're feeling. Having been subjected to a hijacking (with 90 minute joyride and gun to the head) and then the car being recovered the next day, I took it the other way. As did my OH when she was jacked earlier this year. The retrieval and subsequent driving of the car was a big fook yu to the thieves. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Paying it forward.

There are some provisions. I have first dibs when he sells and he's not allowed to break it up.

I had a similar scenario with one of these....

http://www.car-stock-photos.com/photos/fiat-autobianchi-500-bianchina-transformabile-59.jpeg

"Sold" it to my cousin. Purchase of a new house which resulted in time and financial constraints forced a reluctant sale. He bugged me for a loooong time to sell it. Basically he had the time to work on it and I didn't. I felt it was better to let it go to someone who would work on it and have it close to home so to speak. Told him that I wanted first dibs when he decided to sell it. 

Him and his ex wife had a falling out and she told him to get rid of it. He gave it away to some random guy... No details

Haven't spoken to him in years.

I had a similar scenario with one of these....

http://www.car-stock-photos.com/photos/fiat-autobianchi-500-bianchina-transformabile-59.jpeg

"Sold" it to my cousin. Purchase of a new house which resulted in time and financial constraints forced a reluctant sale. He bugged me for a loooong time to sell it. Basically he had the time to work on it and I didn't. I felt it was better to let it go to someone who would work on it and have it close to home so to speak. Told him that I wanted first dibs when he decided to sell it. 

Him and his ex wife had a falling out and she told him to get rid of it. He gave it away to some random guy... No details

Haven't spoken to him in years.

with all due respect, I think he did you a favour. Driving that thing would seriously put your man card at risk

:)

post-52292-0-11654300-1445270909_thumb.jpg

Sure I posted this pic before.

This was stolen from me in 1984 opposite the Carlton Hotel,when I was at work. Saw the buggars driving down Main street in Joburg the following day, long story short, got the bike back. In less than 24 hours they had stuffed the engine up so badly, broken rings in 3 of the cylinders!

But, after the rebuild, I still have the machine in my garage!!

with all due respect, I think he did you a favour. Driving that thing would seriously put your man card at risk

:)

What I didn't divulge was the mods that had been done to it already..... rwar mounted 1100 motor from an Renault R8, disk brakes up front, fenders had been flared, custom dash, front mount radiator with custom front bodywork to accomodate it and a few other small tweaks. Would have been a nice hooligan mobile when it was finished. I imagined a lot of steering looking through the side windows... but it was not to be :(

Edit : having said that though I reckon std that would have turned more than a few heads.

Edited by Grebel

What I didn't divulge was the mods that had been done to it already..... rwar mounted 1100 motor from an Renault R8, disk brakes up front, fenders had been flared, custom dash, front mount radiator with custom front bodywork to accomodate it and a few other small tweaks. Would have been a nice hooligan mobile when it was finished. I imagined a lot of steering looking through the side windows... but it was not to be :(

Edit : having said that though I reckon std that would have turned more than a few heads.

ok. thats alright then. I dont think i will talk to your cousin again iether

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Sure I posted this pic before.

This was stolen from me in 1984 opposite the Carlton Hotel,when I was at work. Saw the buggars driving down Main street in Joburg the following day, long story short, got the bike back. In less than 24 hours they had stuffed the engine up so badly, broken rings in 3 of the cylinders!

But, after the rebuild, I still have the machine in my garage!!

I like this bit... 

Thanks! 

BTW, popped in at Yamaha PE this afternoon to say howzit only to find out from Eugene you don't work there! Will join you guys for an out ride some time 

i see you are lookig at 690. nice

• 2 weeks later...