Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These guys are tough as nails!!

Heard a report for stage 3 or 4 of the bikes, where the guy (Spaniard on a Honda if I remember correctly) took a tumble, smashed his helmet and broke his nose BUT STILL WON THE STAGE. Insane!!!

These guys are tough as nails!!

Heard a report for stage 3 or 4 of the bikes, where the guy (Spaniard on a Honda if I remember correctly) took a tumble, smashed his helmet and broke his nose BUT STILL WON THE STAGE. Insane!!!

It is a tough business - see interview with Skyler Howes who put his dislocated shoulder back in and raced 3 months after spinal fusion - he noted that Toby Price won with a broken bone in his hand. Not this year - last year or before. Couple of injuries at the top - broken nose and split lip. Gutted for Ross Branch; seemingly a somewhat random event too, bent chain guide. David Knight, who some said was an arrogant prick is good value; as are the Coronel brothers in their car. The Toby Price tyre "repair" was interesting. After the deaths of Gonk, and Elmer Symons before that, I am scared to watch the Dakar. It is so harsh.

It is a tough business - see interview with Skyler Howes who put his dislocated shoulder back in and raced 3 months after spinal fusion - he noted that Toby Price won with a broken bone in his hand. Not this year - last year or before. Couple of injuries at the top - broken nose and split lip. Gutted for Ross Branch; seemingly a somewhat random event too, bent chain guide. David Knight, who some said was an arrogant prick is good value; as are the Coronel brothers in their car. The Toby Price tyre "repair" was interesting. After the deaths of Gonk, and Elmer Symons before that, I am scared to watch the Dakar. It is so harsh.

Not allowing a rider to swap out a trashed tyre, but allowing the rider to continue on a botch tyre repair baffles the mind RE the safety of the riders on the route.

If the idea is to get riders to look after their equipment, then just hit them with a time penalty should they trash something like the tyres. At least you have lest risk of someone loosing their life out in the desert racing on a seriously suspect tyre.

I stopped watching after the 2:33 scene

There are things in there that make me grimace .......... but it boils down to humans being chops, no matter the form of transport.

There are things in there that make me grimace .......... but it boils down to humans being chops, no matter the form of transport.

ja. the 2 things i enjoy most are motorbikes and surfing. But i must say I am not a big fan of most surfers or bikers. 

Actually, now that i think about it i am not a big fan of humans in general....

There is a guy selling a VTR1000SP1 on the Wilddogs forum if anyone is interested. Looks to be a beaut , well maintained for 70 grand. 

That is cheap, seen them advertised at over R100-120k lately.

Becoming a cult classic, although that may be the SP2 model I am thinking of.....

That is cheap, seen them advertised at over R100-120k lately.

Becoming a cult classic, although that may be the SP2 model I am thinking of.....

I seen the here for up to 15 grand. 

Saw a NOS one about a year ago 24 995. And it sold quickly although i cannot confirm the actual selling price but i would think close to it if not the number.