Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uvex Enduro.

also a tad noisy

I think the Desert Fox is a copy of that so that makes sense. Get them earplugs before you lose your hearing.

I have an AGV K5 with the ???????? Paint scheme. Built in sun visor and damn fine helmet for the cash. Fairly quiet too. My wife uses the K3 Rossi Misano model. Great helmet at the price.

Don’t skimp on a helmet.

OK lads. 'fess up.

What helmets do you have? I'll go first. I have a Desert Fox. Supposedly good with all the DOT approvals but perhaps I am wrong.

Schubert and a BMW system6

Shark S700 and Desert Fox. Always with earplugs. I may try something different next time I get a new helmet. Perhaps Bell or AGV.

I have an AGV K5 with the Paint scheme. Built in sun visor and damn fine helmet for the cash. Fairly quiet too. My wife uses the K3 Rossi Misano model. Great helmet at the price.

Don’t skimp on a helmet.

Keen to hear a proper first person review on the K3.

Been looking at one but wary of the lower spec compared to the K5.......

Work are supposed to be rolling out Noiseclippers one of these days. I have been using those foam squishy ones on the bike recently but want to try using my buds to cancel out wind noise and also let me listen to the Sena.

You'll be surprised how good they are - I used to use mine when i still had my Alfa Spider - I could drive at 120kph with the roof down and hear no wind noise, but still be able to listen to the radio at normal volume.

Looks like the train Dr. Emmett Brown built in Back to the Future 3!

It's not my first choice, but you have to hand it to these guys - these are the guys who used to build outrageous **** in Lego and Meccano when they were kids, and just carried on when they became adults!

I used to build all sorts of stuff out of Lego and Fisher Technik when I was in Primary school.  Went to a friend of mine's house about a year ago and his kid was playing with a bag of Lego.  I couldn't even imagine up a simple car.  Its sad what happens to our brains as we get older.

Grebel,

Apparently that is a serious risk to your hearing. The Desert Fox is also noisy since it has space for intercom so the solution is to ride with ear plugs. Try it. I did and it makes riding so much more enjoyable.

Have a BMW helmet. Noisy as hell from 100kph onwards. Bought it some years ago. Sales lady had no product knowledge. Was more interested in selling me a rain suit. Edited by Tromp

My parents are moving to a retirement complex so there's a big clean-out happening.  My Dad was tossing these - I think he must have gone to Roy Hesketh sometime in the late 70's or early 80's.  My guess is No.7 is Dave Petersen, and I reckon No. 76 is a TZ750.

post-15215-0-05890800-1532498926_thumb.jpg

post-15215-0-48593600-1532498949_thumb.jpg