Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

And of course the VMax - not the old one the 1700cc one.  Already discontinued by Yamaha, I rode one from Durban to JHB.  Had to stop every 150kms or so to fill up.  But it was loads of fun

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And of course the VMax - not the old one the 1700cc one.  Already discontinued by Yamaha, I rode one from Durban to JHB.  Had to stop every 150kms or so to fill up.  But it was loads of fun

Was it not, at it's time, the fastest accelerating bike on the market?

I'm not sure about that, but it was pretty special.

I had to do the Dealer Training when it arrived in SA - I still have the presentation I did.

Enjoy!

Aah man nice slide deck.

Now i want one - see what you have done. I am torn between this and the Diavel....

Keen to hear a proper first person review on the K3.

Been looking at one but wary of the lower spec compared to the K5.......

Bear in mind we tend to ride at speed limits here and rarely exceed such. Not worth the hassle. So, my wife loves the K3 and it fits her well. She reckons noise levels are ok ( see part above bout speed limits) and looking at the helmet it looks well made. It does not have sun visor a la k5 though. All in all a well made helmet. Normally retail here in excess of 150 but the one she got was part of a special so we got it for 104. About 1800. I paid 230 for k5. Around 4K.

I am impressed with these AGVs , well constructed aN well put together. From using Shoeis I am happy with AGV.

From my old mate Alan North at Yamaha -

Hi Andy

Thanks for the photo’s.

I was racing overseas at this stage, but the #76 Yamaha is the TZ750.

I think it could be Dirk du Plooy riding it, and #77 is Les van Breda on the Suzuki.

Cheers.

Name rings a bell. Was he a race winner before kork?

Bear in mind we tend to ride at speed limits here and rarely exceed such. Not worth the hassle. So, my wife loves the K3 and it fits her well. She reckons noise levels are ok ( see part above bout speed limits) and looking at the helmet it looks well made. It does not have sun visor a la k5 though. All in all a well made helmet. Normally retail here in excess of 150 but the one she got was part of a special so we got it for 104. About 1800. I paid 230 for k5. Around 4K.

I am impressed with these AGVs , well constructed aN well put together. From using Shoeis I am happy with AGV.

We are so overpriced here. Looked at a K5 I was really keen on but for R5800 they can keep it!!!!

I'm going to have mine done back to white as soon as I have a gap - I had white wheels on my RD at varsity - I used a paint called Glatex 8 - a polyurethane.  Just used to wipe them clean every week or so.

I have worked with Glatex 8 in a highly corrosive lab we did some work in. It was years ago though.

Is it available in a spraycan? Would consider white if that is the case.

Name rings a bell. Was he a race winner before kork?

Yup - he was in Korks league too.  Was 6th in the 350cc Championship in 1977.

I remember when we launched the 2007 R1 at Kyalami. He was out on a demo bike and was lapping within 3 or 4 seconds of the then South African Superbike lap record. I think he was in his mid 50's.  We still joked and asked him if he shouldn't make a comeback.......

We are so overpriced here. Looked at a K5 I was really keen on but for R5800 they can keep it!!!!

I have worked with Glatex 8 in a highly corrosive lab we did some work in. It was years ago though.

Is it available in a spraycan? Would consider white if that is the case.

I don't think it is - but if you are keen I used to spray with Glatex 8 - I still have the gun and all the kit so maybe I need to see if it's still available and I can do both our wheels.....

I forgot the KTM RC8.....there's a future classic if ever there was one. Not too many sold here, not too well received, but already becoming quite desirable

Saw one for sale last week at Rad Moto... didn't look at the tag.... wife is costing too much at the moment...

I forgot the KTM RC8.....there's a future classic if ever there was one.  Not too many sold here, not too well received, but already becoming quite desirable

Did you see the one Rad built with a 1290 superduke transplant? 

Madness!

So my wife took my son to Honda today because his indicator didn't work and I'm 30kms away in a different town. He showed her the new Africa Twin and said, this is what dad wants.............she immediately left the shop without even looking at the price tag. ????[emoji35][emoji23]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

So my wife took my son to Honda today because his indicator didn't work and I'm 30kms away in a different town. He showed her the new Africa Twin and said, this is what dad wants.............she immediately left the shop without even looking at the price tag. [emoji35][emoji23]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Ahhhhh.....sad, that is my next bike......or the S10. Different I know............and there will be a ‘Busa, sometime!

Edited by Spokey

post-52292-0-58944500-1532985097_thumb.jpeg

This thing, aye it hurt me. Took it out the garage which has a bit of a ramp, forgot to put it in gear..........

Yeah........

it rolled off the side stand.(Stupid me) Caught between it and my bakkie, I stopped it hitting the ground, but buggar it stuffed up my hand as the bars swung over and bent my fingers amd wrist back. 3 weeks ago now, still sore........at least the old machine is not damaged!

Yes, I squealed until the Missus came to the rescue!