Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so, have any of you riff raff given the KTM 390 Duke a spin as yet?

I had a Duke 690 back in ZA, great lil bike and i used to do some long distance rides on it too. If i was a lil shorter and a lil less heavy i woulda bought the 390 i reckon. My son had the RC390 and thats what got me to buy a buy a ktm in the first place.

Had a 390 on a test, its a hoot but it is physically small.

I had a Duke 690 back in ZA, great lil bike and i used to do some long distance rides on it too. If i was a lil shorter and a lil less heavy i woulda bought the 390 i reckon. My son had the RC390 and thats what got me to buy a buy a ktm in the first place.

Had a 390 on a test, its a hoot but it is physically small.

And a bit gutless, depends what you need it for. As a commuter it is probably awesome.

On the track, if its tight and twisty then yes too.

Anybody know of a shop that has some good deals on a Rossi AGV?

Try Moto Mate in Rivonia, Huge selection, and from what I saw some deals to be had on all kinds of stuff. 

(Sorry about the late reply)

Isn't that LEXX's weapon of choice?

Colleague at work commutes on one. I can't recall ever seeing him arrive at work grumpy...

Yes, it was my weapon of choice. Loved that Duke. Fast and very nimble. Absolute blast to ride. Traded in Last month for a KTM Adventure... Edited by Lexx

Yes, it was my weapon of choice. Loved that Duke. Fast and very nimble. Absolute blast to ride. Traded in Last month for a KTM Adventure...

can you define fast please .... enough to ride on the N1 at 120km/h and then open up to overtake ... .or do you have to plan the overtaking by taking into account wind direction, lay of land, length of open road ahead of you, are your stars aligned, etc

Boxhill , north downs but damn close

yoh - I used to love going to that place on weekends when i lived in London. I dont know what its like now but in the early 2000s it was mental. some of the best wheelies i have ever seen. I had a gsxr 750 and remember dragging a R1. the oke klapped me while remaining on his back wheel the whole way down the road.

yoh - I used to love going to that place on weekends when i lived in London. I dont know what its like now but in the early 2000s it was mental. some of the best wheelies i have ever seen. I had a gsxr 750 and remember dragging a R1. the oke klapped me while remaining on his back wheel the whole way down the road.

Mr Plod is a lot more visible these days and being fresh off the boat and needing my drivers licence i tend to stay within the law. Think i have taken my 600 to 100 mph once and then on a deserted A3 but was still cautious.

and they use a lot of unmarked cars too, 100 rand notes dont placate them either ;)

can you define fast please .... enough to ride on the N1 at 120km/h and then open up to overtake ... .or do you have to plan the overtaking by taking into account wind direction, lay of land, length of open road ahead of you, are your stars aligned, etc

Oh its got plenty of speed. 120km/ph is cruising speed. I took it up to 160km/ph+ on the N4, without any trouble at all. You wont have any trouble overtaking cars and trucks.

Oh its got plenty of speed. 120km/ph is cruising speed. I took it up to 160km/ph+ on the N4, without any trouble at all. You wont have any trouble overtaking cars and trucks.

Thanks ... I assume you are also around the 100kg range fully clothed and not a XCM/XCO race whip at 29/31kg's :P?

This bike has my serious interest ... and if a certain career opportunity presents itself I will need to be more mobile for some sites further away from the office that I will not be able to make on the bicycle.

Edited by Hairy