Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to spray mine but am keen to wrap it. I already have a wrap on it but it's getting shiny from knee contact so I just want to replace it. It's Matte black. Don't know if you can see the patch towards the back of the tank..Do you think he will do those?

post-43622-0-75165700-1535963576_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the replies. For the price every body panel that is blue will be wrapped. Given the price on the GS tank the price seems decent.

I’m in centurion but think the quality of work Bogus does would be more than a wrap ...

Why so? 

Due to the nature if the intended use, my bike attracts bush rash like a South African Robot attracts street vendors.

I keep planning to do something about the cosmetics but I have given up, I have decided to focus on the mechanicals and the reliability instead. 

post-17843-0-88085600-1536051170_thumb.jpg

OK that makes sense but for "plastics" or enduro bikes.

My understanding of "adventure bikes" was the bigger bike which go offroad sometimes but not predominantly so. 

Nice bike by the way and the scratches suit it...

Edited by sawystertrance

Due to the nature if the intended use, my bike attracts bush rash like a South African Robot attracts street vendors.

I keep planning to do something about the cosmetics but I have given up, I have decided to focus on the mechanicals and the reliability instead. 

attachicon.gif20170312_142508.jpg

solution

http://sss-racing.co.za/content/images/thumbs/0001650_jaffa-tape.jpeg

Why so? 

I think like Grebel has stated after your question but also these urban warriors/meerkats tend to ride to their corporate meetings in full on endure gear.

This clothing is quite rough so you will have plenty of rubbing against the nice new paint which will rub right through. Get it wrapped, hydro-dipped or plasti-dipped. I would spend R1000's on a fancy paintjob, just my opinion.

I've always liked these.  I used to have the 640 supermoto as my commuter in London for a couple of years.  Bits used to fall off it randomly (gear levers, clutch levers, front sprocket...) and it got stolen twice, but not recovered the second time.  Despite it's obvious flaws I loved it.  It was a hooligan bike and taught me how to wheelie for as long as I wanted, and around corners.  Maybe it was lucky that it was taken from me because I would have lost my license for sure if I kept it :ph34r:

I've always liked these.  I used to have the 640 supermoto as my commuter in London for a couple of years.  Bits used to fall off it randomly (gear levers, clutch levers, front sprocket...) and it got stolen twice, but not recovered the second time.  Despite it's obvious flaws I loved it.  It was a hooligan bike and taught me how to wheelie for as long as I wanted, and around corners.  Maybe it was lucky that it was taken from me because I would have lost my license for sure if I kept it :ph34r:

Yay wheelies! 

*Photo depicts professional rider on a closed course  :ph34r:

post-50271-0-31425000-1536085070_thumb.jpg