Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

Flip ... almost as bad as telling people you are going to buy an Spaz Epic!

Back to the drawing board ..... 

Conversely... I actually like them, and it's HD's most successful range, ever. 

It's got great low-down torque, is easy to learn on and isn't as heavy on the legs when you're idle. Took a friend of mine's for a spin and I liked it. 

But - If I were to buy a bike now, it'd be a DR400Z Suzuki. Bloody bulletproof bikes for all conditions. Take it anywhere, spares are cheap and it's got decent power. Can pick up a very good one for 30-35k or so. 

Edited by Cptmayhem

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard that a motorcyclist was in a crash on the Durbanville hills road and has passed away.

Conversely... I actually like them, and it's HD's most successful range, ever. 

It's got great low-down torque, is easy to learn on and isn't as heavy on the legs when you're idle. Took a friend of mine's for a spin and I liked it. 

But - If I were to buy a bike now, it'd be a DR400Z Suzuki. Bloody bulletproof bikes for all conditions. Take it anywhere, spares are cheap and it's got decent power. Can pick up a very good one for 30-35k or so. 

But can you gooi your cherry on the back and go for a longish drive?

Flip ... almost as bad as telling people you are going to buy an Spaz Epic!

Back to the drawing board ..... 

Unofficially Harley holds the the record for extracting the least amount of power from the most cc's.

That 883 makes 43hp, a Yamaha R3 makes 42hp. Yes they are completely different but I think their bigger 1500cc cruisers barely squeeze out 80hp.

Its laughable. Plus they vibrate themselves to death......... literally

Unofficially Harley holds the the record for extracting the least amount of power from the most cc's.

That 883 makes 43hp, a Yamaha R3 makes 42hp. Yes they are completely different but I think their bigger 1500cc cruisers barely squeeze out 80hp.

Its laughable. Plus they vibrate themselves to death......... literally

yeah, and it has 68Nm torque.

I would not mind a harley, if someone gave me one, a captain america kinda harley to cruise around on....reckon that would be cool.

Pipe noise exits out back and sound is directional so VERY good for buzzing them as you go past to remind them to open their f'n eyes. I have an Akra on my 640 without the DB killer and pedestrians still don't see/hear me when lane splitting.... I would do both pipe and lights. I also have an orange light cover which is quite *** at night.

Agree 100% about the pip. Doesn't make a difference when behind a car. I was behind my wife and she couldn't hear me, and she knew I was there. For me the orange cover is the best, gets you noticed, however its illegal.

Must have watched all of Revzilla's clips by now .... and if a Harley can pull Lemmy around it must have some grunt :P

Look at this review from revzilla

I like the look and sound. (and price) but it would not work for my needs at this stage of my life.