Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

is that an XR1000?

I got to to ride one of those once when my bike went in for a service. By a country mile the most awesome bike i ever ridden.

I would really like a go on an XR, ( and not the old Honda 500 I had! ) everything about it seems to be comfort, performance and easy to ride fast!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would really like a go on an XR, ( and not the old Honda 500 I had! ) everything about it seems to be comfort, performance and easy to ride fast!

Fastbike has an article comparing the R, RR and XR over 3 days. Didn’t like the R, thinks XR is great but recommends RR.

I think it depends on what you use it for

Fastbike has an article comparing the R, RR and XR over 3 days. Didn’t like the R, thinks XR is great but recommends RR.

if i am not mistaken it was bike of the year last year or the year before 

Well had an GS and RR(all the models) sold both got XR and now waiting for the New RR launching next week.

back round for comparison:

Every year got an new RR so I can pretty much say I know them very well (also a BMW bike instructor)

RR is awesome but comparing to XR different ride style. I dont think really fair to compare them.

But I can highly recommend the XR, better all rounder obvious reasons.

Well had an GS and RR(all the models) sold both got XR and now waiting for the New RR launching next week.

back round for comparison:

Every year got an new RR so I can pretty much say I know them very well (also a BMW bike instructor)

RR is awesome but comparing to XR different ride style. I dont think really fair to compare them.

But I can highly recommend the XR, better all rounder obvious reasons.

Have you seen the leaked specs on that new RR!!!!

And then they sign Sykes to ride it, what an own goal.........

The counter rotating crank is the big deal for me. That bike should have so much grip, would love to track test one. Then again maybe not because I couldn't afford one.......

www.yamahamotorsports.com/adventure-touring/models/tenere-700

Well it looks bloody impressive.  But only available in 2020.  WTF Yamaha, KTM and BMW will be miles ahead of you by then.

I actually heard a little whisper from one of my Japanese friends that Yamaha Motor is bleeding money - which might explain a lot of things.

Well it looks bloody impressive.  But only available in 2020.  WTF Yamaha, KTM and BMW will be miles ahead of you by then.

I actually heard a little whisper from one of my Japanese friends that Yamaha Motor is bleeding money - which might explain a lot of things.

They can't be bleeding money paying out MotoGP win bonus's............

Heard this too actually, watching the AMA Superbike series they mentioned Yamaha moving their American head office due to finances, a downscale basically. Also no more factory backing in their SS class anymore, which makes sense as the R6 is dominating all SS racing anyway.

Yamaha was also hit the hardest by the recent Japanese motorcycle emissions scandal, so probably looking at hefty fines. If you add this to their dismal race results in WSBK and MotoGP where its been proven that what wins on Sunday, sells on Monday, I am just not surprised.

They drop the ball so badly on the much wanted Tenere 700 but at the same time you here they are working on a touring version of that 4 wheeled Nikkon abomination.

I think the Yamaha exec's have lost the plot!!!!!!!

Add all of this to Honda who have just built the biggest manufacturing and assembly plant in Japan, its chalk and cheese.

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

I have drunk the orange Koolaid but to me that the KTM 790 just looks wrong. The Tenere 700 looks a lot better but as you mentioned, 2020.... 

giphy.gif

its a sad day in the Fork household. discussions were had and hard decisions made. Apparently university and res fees are more important than motorbikes and so the GS has to go. The way prices are rocketing I doubt whether i will ever be able to replace it. This adult thing sucks big time.

:(  :(  :(

its a sad day in the Fork household. discussions were had and hard decisions made. Apparently university and res fees are more important than motorbikes and so the GS has to go. The way prices are rocketing I doubt whether i will ever be able to replace it. This adult thing sucks big time.

:(  :(  :(

That sucks dude... I was going to like this comment but couldn't like the fact that you have to let the GS go. I am in a similar position with my son going to Uni next year. We still haven't finalised a payment plan yet but I hope it doesn't involve selling my bike.

Edited by Grebel

They can't be bleeding money paying out MotoGP win bonus's............

Heard this too actually, watching the AMA Superbike series they mentioned Yamaha moving their American head office due to finances, a downscale basically. Also no more factory backing in their SS class anymore, which makes sense as the R6 is dominating all SS racing anyway.

Yamaha was also hit the hardest by the recent Japanese motorcycle emissions scandal, so probably looking at hefty fines. If you add this to their dismal race results in WSBK and MotoGP where its been proven that what wins on Sunday, sells on Monday, I am just not surprised.

They drop the ball so badly on the much wanted Tenere 700 but at the same time you here they are working on a touring version of that 4 wheeled Nikkon abomination.

I think the Yamaha exec's have lost the plot!!!!!!!

Add all of this to Honda who have just built the biggest manufacturing and assembly plant in Japan, its chalk and cheese.

Ya that leaning thing I don't know.  There's a touring version now.  And another Scooter.

Found out my rear brake has died after taking bike out of hibernation this weekend.

Completely pap. Cue 'bleeding brakes' youtube videos... sigh