Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

One recently sold on WD for 250 grand. Sold in the blink of an eye too

Was in the market for R250k, not sure he got R250K but very close.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was in the market for R250k, not sure he got R250K but very close.

Good point. 

I suspect with the interest shown it would have been on the money or damn close to it. These dont come up in that condition anymore. 

There is a good one on ebay here, bidding is at 15200 currently , buy now of 19 900. Amazing how these have acquired legend tax

I mate of mine had one of those at school.  I seem to recall the Tornado part was a little optimistic :-)

We did play a bit with it though and it got a but better - more strong gust of wind than Tornado though!

I had one at school, and it was my last non Yamaha product. Upgraded it to an RZ50LC model in 1981, and never looked back.

Very nice but they over capitalized. price they want is way too much, IMO.

I'm not interested in buying it.Its a bit over the top.I prefer a bit of sparkle.I did not see the price.

Went for a ride on Saturday! Good therapy session.

Very cool bike. Perhaps my favourite road sign too.

I am registered with the group but really struggle to navigate the site as it is a bit "messy"

Yes it is but if you persever there is some useful an entertining stuff.

Some threads I like:

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?board=3.0

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?board=6.0

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?board=17.0

And here is a thread about our latest youTube visitor. Some opinions expressed are positively unacceptable and best ignored.

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=256047.0

I had one at school, and it was my last non Yamaha product. Upgraded it to an RZ50LC model in 1981, and never looked back.

I have always "leaned" towards suzuki, its what i learnt to ride on and my first 50... but i have had motos from all the japanese marques and one or 2 american/european bikes. 

Name on the tank is secondary to the experience i spose. 

Did i mention suzuki are motogp champs  ^_^

I had one of those for a while - its what I learnt to do long rolling stoppies on.  Could pop it onto the front wheel and easily balance it there for ages pulling up to red lights or stop streets.  It's a skill I never managed to translate to any other bike, I guess just because it was so light and I could manipulate it with my body positioning more than just the brake power.  

I'll never forget the feeling of riding in the yellow line going up Ou Kaapse because the engine was so pap watching my friends on their 125's riding off into the distance, only for me to catch them down the other side where I could just pin it around every corner.  

I really do miss using a bike to its maximum potential - its far harder to do that with bigger bikes.  

I really do miss using a bike to its maximum potential - its far harder to do that with bigger bikes.  

I have a lil gamma 250. Now these things are not as powerful or as fast as we "remember" them in their heydays but it handles so so so sweetly even with my lardy ass on it. Incredibly engaging ride and thoroughly enjoyable. Modern large capacity bikes have lost that aspect , to me anyway. They have become to "sanitised" 

But i spose that goes for everyone and their "era" . Mine is early 80 2 strokes. 

I'm not interested in buying it.Its a bit over the top.I prefer a bit of sparkle.I did not see the price.

No worries, per chance saw it on FB.

Lots of money spent with lots of custom parts, but R205k is a bit much for that bike.....

I have a lil gamma 250. Now these things are not as powerful or as fast as we "remember" them in their heydays but it handles so so so sweetly even with my lardy ass on it. Incredibly engaging ride and thoroughly enjoyable. Modern large capacity bikes have lost that aspect , to me anyway. They have become to "sanitised" 

But i spose that goes for everyone and their "era" . Mine is early 80 2 strokes. 

People paying a lot of money for nostalgia, to realize it wasn't all that great when compared to whats available today. 

Not a dig at you, just a general statement.

People paying a lot of money for nostalgia, to realize it wasn't all that great when compared to whats available today. 

Not a dig at you, just a general statement.

I am included in that without a doubt, def no dig taken as i recognise it myself. Harking for a simpler time , or a simpler time in my life when life was about bikes, beer and honies....now its bills and council tax. 

Big business though. 2 strokes (and some 4 strokes) are great investments 

Went out for a ride this afternoon over load shedding and popped in at GS Traders and Metal Heads .... also looked at Tims Motorcycle Repairs, and there were some seriously awesome oldies (bikes, not out toppies :P ) going through his workshop.

I am included in that without a doubt, def no dig taken as i recognise it myself. Harking for a simpler time , or a simpler time in my life when life was about bikes, beer and honies....now its bills and council tax. 

Big business though. 2 strokes (and some 4 strokes) are great investments 

For sure.

If you can get the right one, in the right condition and at the right time for demand then they are good investments. Getting those three things right is the trick.

But nostalgia, I suppose you should think about how much freedom a Nokia 3310 brought, endless games of snake but nobody is running back to them.

My RD350 was amazing, but 15-18yrs later it was just meh, especially when compared to more modern machinery that actually stop, turn and don't need you ride with spare plugs or 2T oil......