Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

You're going to hate me - I raced an XR200 in the '80's - the black seat/white side cover model - '82/83 I think. Had an original factory Honda rebuild manual which I kept for years and years and years until last year when I had a general clean up and thought "....nah, no-one will ever need this ever......"

Naaah I don't hate you.... Hate is such a strong word

If I ever meet you I'll probably punch you in the mouth.... but I don't hate you....

:D

Edit: the '84 was the first year of the RFVC motor if I recall. Yours would have had the single carb as well....?

Edited by Grebel

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Naaah I don't hate you.... Hate is such a strong word

If I ever meet you I'll probably punch you in the mouth.... but I don't hate you....

:D

Edit: the '84 was the first year of the RFVC motor if I recall. Yours would have had the single carb as well....?

Yup it was the single carb version 2-valve head - a lot like the CRF230 engine I think. Found a picture on the Web of one - brings back great memories. I had a mate with a KDX175 and we used to have real fun dices in the Enduro class.

post-15215-0-10725400-1429268128_thumb.jpg

Is that a fork seal leak, or did a dog just piss on the wheel.....

Fork seal.... XR was just marking  its territory....

Edit: TBH I was quite stoked that there was oil in the forks!!

Edited by Grebel

Nice one Grebel. I remember the singe carb XR 200's caused quite a stir in the enduro world back in the day.  They only had one weakness; they didn't like re-starting after being turned upside down.

The first of some goodies arrived for the DT today..... was lucky to find one still available in the States!

Hopefully the rest of the stuff will start trickling in - I'm quite keen to get the thing back together!

post-15215-0-21928600-1429713446_thumb.jpg

The first of some goodies arrived for the DT today..... was lucky to find one still available in the States!

Hopefully the rest of the stuff will start trickling in - I'm quite keen to get the thing back together!

did you buy online? if so, from where? I may be looking to buy some stuff soon and need a reliable site

thanks

did you buy online? if so, from where? I may be looking to buy some stuff soon and need a reliable site

thanks

TBH I try and support the local importers first - I used to be in retail and I know how much customers going direct used to burn my ass.  However, in this case I contacted Pro-Circuit USA first, and then went via the local guys.  All the other stuff has been direct off ebay - but I try and use the Aussie and NZ sellers - they have been a lot more helpful!

What bike are you going to rebuild?

We always lusted after a Pro-Circuit pipe.... Back in the 80's unfortunately it was not to be... Hop ups on a budget dictated that an empty deodorant or Doom can produced similar results in terms of sound at a fraction of the cost. A guy I knew almost attained legendary status as a result of his creations.

I had this one, sold it a few years ago, was a riot!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Boy does that picture bring back memories of my first lusting after a women...only problem was she was 24 and i was 12...