I rode a 650b

nathrix

259 members have voted

1. 1. Would you purchase a 650b

• Absolutely YES
    • Never EVER!
    • I already have one (650b).
    • I have a 29er
    • I'll keep my 26" cause 650b is not that significant improvement....
    • Don't care about wheel size!

I rode a 650B and it felt like a 26er with fat tires

Is that now a good thing or a bad thing? I rode Usher's Surly fat bike when he just got it at the cyclocross last year and it was a bitch to pedal on that course, i almost popped a gasket, he's a machine for riding it, not to mention Mannie Heymans riding a carbon @9ZERO7FatBikes at epic this yesr. Mal mense.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So those wanting 650B:

I want to import the dual suspension 27,5 from Deng Fu.

Anyone had any experience of it?

Was thinking of going Fox CTD 120mm

Bit late, but 2 hour time difference on Attakwaas due to larger wheels, you can't be serious

Was so keen for 650b put one together and a crazy cost lost year, just to find out I was struggling to stay with my riding buddies on marathon races, from being the fastest to just trying to hang on! Back on 29er and loving it.

Bit late, but 2 hour time difference on Attakwaas due to larger wheels, you can't be serious

Yeah I agree, I think it's closer to three hours.

Was so keen for 650b put one together and a crazy cost lost year, just to find out I was struggling to stay with my riding buddies on marathon races, from being the fastest to just trying to hang on! Back on 29er and loving it.

As the cranberries said, its in your head

Serious i tell you, with carbon rigid fork nogals and 1 x 11 geared steel bike...Why would i lie? I'm no race snake, just a down to earth weekend warrior who tells it as it is.

I rode the cape pioneer trek in 2010 and 2011 on two different htail 26" bikes and suffered like a pig being castrated. Rode pioneer again in 2012 on my Niner MCR with 100mm front suspension, most fun i have had between my legs at pioneer. For the 1st time ever i got through the days fast enough and get to the finish without missing lunch.

Rode Tankwa Trek this year on my Niner MCR with carbon rigid fork and 1 x 11 gearing,was a breeze except for the sun that tried to kill us every day. Just saying 650b or 26" is just not for me, i have moved on and i embrace the bigger wheels with both arms wide open.

There will always be haters, different strokes for different folk i guess, or just plain stupidity and ignorance...

I rode a beautiful carbon 650b this weekend, almost thought I was on my old 26", it sucked :thumbdown:

EDIT: I have added a poll

Shame poor you , Who care what you think did you won a stage on the epic or came in the first 20 of a XC world cup race, if not you opinion is a Zero for us.

Shame poor you , Who care what you think did you won a stage on the epic or came in the first 20 of a XC world cup race, if not you opinion is a Zero for us.

Aa jeez, now you popped my bubble :( Sorry for being part of the middle to last part of the field, a 1000 apologies for not being a race snake like you. I humbly beg your forgiveness o holy one...

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa321/smokerock247/VT7XQ.gif

Edited by nathrix ® ©™

99% of us on the Hub are not top 20 riders, so our opinions don't count, we are being viewed as peasants :( Matt, lock the Hub, we're not worthy :whistling:

"Shame, poor you.

Who cares what you think. Did you win a stage at the Epic, or have you come in the top 20 of an XC World Cup race ?

If not then your opinion means nothing to us "

Hope this helps, otherwise your burn is not gonna have any impact :thumbup:

"Shame, poor you.

Who cares what you think. Did you win a stage at the Epic, or have you come in the top 20 of an XC World Cup race ?

If not then your opinion means nothing to us "

stringbean lives on ....

Some people should take a competency test before being unleashed on innocent keyboards.

"Shame, poor you.

Who cares what you think? Have you won a stage at the Epic or finished in the top 20 of an XC World Cup race?

If not then your opinion means nothing to us."

Polished it up for you. It's still a turd, though.