[Event] Namaqua Daisy Challenge

Deonkat

Event Name: Namaqua Daisy Challenge
When: 30 August 2014
Where: Die Keldery, Spruitdrift Celler, Vredendal, Western Cape
Category: MTB

Previously known as the Namaqua MTB challenge, the revamped Namaqua Daisy now offers

three trail run routes along with the three excisting mountain bike routes.

Treating participants to the pristine vineyards of the West Coast is one thing, but spoiling them

with Namaqualand's daisies in full bloom is surely the highlight of these routes.

Incorporated with the yearly Farmfun family day, this event will surely deliver on all fronts and expectations.

This will be an unforgetable experience for the whole family, whether you are here for serious racing,

or just taking in the beautiful surroundings.

Don't wait, enter today!

Go to Event Page

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why do these people organise a mtb race - at 7am - at the time of year that it is still likely to be cold - and riders need to travel from CT

Guaranteed to limit entries

Is dit 'n PPA race?

Nee Jaco, hulle het toe nie die PPA betrek nie. Kom jy weer die Gifberg mtb ry? Ek dink dit is die 28ste Junie.

Nee Jaco, hulle het toe nie die PPA betrek nie. Kom jy weer die Gifberg mtb ry? Ek dink dit is die 28ste Junie.

Nee Nico! Kom wel nwk van 15 Junie daar by jul kuier en dan weer die nwk van 30 Augustus lyk dit my :thumbup:

@ Max Headroom -

Firstly,thank you for the interest in the Namaqua Daisy.

Im not sure that you are familiar with the Vredendal region and its surroundings.

End of August the area is already nicely warmed up in the morning and it is not uncommon to reach 30 degrees by noon at the start of spring.

Vredendal is 300 km drive from Cape Town and with the current roadworks on the N7 this 3 hour drive could well result in a 4 hour drive or longer.

So no matter if we start the race even at 10:00am,its almost impossible to drive through in the morning.

They idea is to visit the area for a weekend in a time that it is at its most beautiful, with the Namakwaland flowers in bloom.

Regarding the clash with the Hopefield race:

Well,with the amount of growth that MTB events have seen over the past few years this come as no surprise.

The amount of events avaible by far exceeds the amount of days available in a year so this kind of thing is bound to happen and is quite common.

Luckily there are far more riders out there than events,and we as riders are therefore spoilt for choice.

So,whichever event you choice to do,enjoy it and have fun!

I hope this answers your concerns.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I must agree with MAX.

0700 AM kick off is just to early, irrespective of the cold it the travel time from Cape Town that puts me of, its simply to early.

We would like to welcome Squirt on board as the official lube supplier to the Daisy Challenge.Keeps you clean and lubed for longer.

www.squirtlube.com