This might come out all wrong

Rifi

I need some advise. On Road wheels, when it frees, there is a "crrrrrrrrrrr" sound. Can it be made louder or softer?

add more grease in free wheel body, but it may not engage when you try to peddle again if you add to much!

Stick a playing card to your spokes with a peg. CRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Seriously though - no. Ratchet designs all have their own noise and there is very little you can do to change it (apart from the grease/no grease option).

http://crev.vo.llnwd.net/o42/mtbreview/images/products/medium450/product_504266_65097.jpgor

Finisline Wet in the green bottle

Technically not the correct applications for both but the Semi bath makes for a quite ride, so dose finish line but you need to clean out the free wheel more. Grease also works but theres a risk of sticking so light stuff only

To make a hub as loud as possible, clean it 100% and lube with WD40, wipe of all the excess so there is just a thin film.

I have no idea how good any of it is for the parts but never had an issue from any of the above.

But really its all down to the hub design

Edited by DeFconOK

Do NOT use WD40 on your freehub. WD40 is not a lube.

Best to use on freehub is just some motor oil. I would not use grease. Remember there is no real friction it is not like a chain or bearings. (Even dry would work - flamesuite on)

The noise is from the little pals hitting the casing - love the sound that some of them make and some just plain suck. Bummer when the sound resonates through the whole bike esp carbon.

Do NOT use WD40 on your freehub. WD40 is not a lube.

Best to use on freehub is just some motor oil. I would not use grease. Remember there is no real friction it is not like a chain or bearings. (Even dry would work - flamesuite on)

The noise is from the little pals hitting the casing - love the sound that some of them make and some just plain suck. Bummer when the sound resonates through the whole bike esp carbon.

What will WD do?? :mellow: will stop using it. Only ever used it just to coat everything for corrosion. What about tool in a can or Q20

What will WD do?? :mellow: will stop using it. Only ever used it just to coat everything for corrosion. What about tool in a can or Q20

It will degrease any parts that require grease for protection against water. Same for tool in a can and q20....use that on squeeky door hinges not on your bike

PS packing it heavily with grease will dampen the sound, not eliminate it.

Edited by rouxtjie

It will degrease any parts that require grease for protection against water. Same for tool in a can and q20....use that on squeeky door hinges not on your bike

PS packing it heavily with grease will dampen the sound, not eliminate it.

Tried that on Hope hubs, worked well for a week or 2 and then back to the angry bees.

Ok, so i done some reading... the pawls needs to be adjusted...

very very bad idea.

faster pawl wear...

Ok, so i done some reading... the pawls needs to be adjusted...

How do you adjust pawls?

Removing the springs will silence them - but you will silently go nowhere!

Best to go to WD40 and Q20 web pages to find out what they are and what they are good for - I have cans of both of them but don't use either on any of my bikes

Noisy free bodies are made that way for a reason.

It's a training aid to tell you when you are not pedaling.

And every time its RRRRR

It's trying to tell you how many Rand it's going to cost

to replace the paws.

Edited by didi