WIGGINS DROPPED FROM SKY FOR TDF 2014

Waynehans

Not sure what Dave B is playing at. ..

Steady as she goes .. looks like he is coming to the party as Team Boss, mustering all the HR skills he can so as to play this one down.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/brailsford-speaks-about-wiggins-froome-spat

Brailsford stayed silent after Wiggins' announcement on Friday and opted to give his diplomatic reply to David Walsh and the Sunday Times newspaper.

“Despite the impression that might have been created, the team for the Tour is not yet finalised. I will be the one making the decision on who is in that team. I speak with our performance team, the riders can offer an opinion but they don’t select the team and they never will,” Brailsford said.

Brailsford refused to specifically say if Wiggins was wrong to say he will not ride the Tour de France, preferring to speak about the need for team harmony.

“We knew from last year that my job was to build a team around Chris Froome because he’s the rider most likely to win this year’s Tour de France,” Brailsford said.

“In building that team, I have to take the group dynamic into consideration. Trust and harmony are important considerations and it’s a difficult decision. I’m not just talking about the harmony between Chris and Brad but harmony amongst all the riders and staff. People should be careful before thinking Chris is making decisions here. Chris is a great bike rider, he deserves to lead our team but ultimately he doesn’t pick the team. I do.”

Brailsford hinted that any final decision about the final nine riders for the Tour de France would only be made

after the Dauphiné and Tour de Suisse.

“We have two world-class races this month, the Dauphiné and Tour de Suisse, Chris is in one, Brad’s in the other,” Brailsford said. “Let’s see how they come out of those races because they will show us where we are.”

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brailsford stayed silent after Wiggins' announcement on Friday and opted to give his diplomatic reply to David Walsh and the Sunday Times newspaper.

Wasn't Walsh the ghost writer for Froome's new book? Thought I heard that some where.

I don't like this general revisionism that Froome was the better rider in 2012 and could have won if they were racing against each other. Wiggins was by miles the better time trialer and the TdF route in 2012 suited that. Of course Froome could have broken him in the mountains and made-up 5 mins but I think probably not.

Since then the routes have favoured the climbers more, so Wiggins has probably had his best shot.

Even now as a domestique for Froome he would be a threat - shepherding him up the mountains and finishing close behind, he'd still have a few minutes in the bag from the time trials.

Not sure what Dave B is playing at. He should be ruling Sky with an iron fist especially since he's not sharing the day job with UK cycling. Every coach knows that you should be able to run the team and not have the team run you... Wiggins gave his interview to the BBC. If that's not a big F-you to Sky the broadcaster, then I'm not sure what is.

SKY brought a few things to cycling over the last few years, this could now be the latest chapter....

its called POLITICS and how to keep everyone outside the team guessing...INCLUDING THE OPPOSITION

SKY brought a few things to cycling over the last few years, this could now be the latest chapter....

its called POLITICS and how to keep everyone outside the team guessing...INCLUDING THE OPPOSITION

I also dont think Jake White is the only one that can change a team at the last moment as part of strategy.

No way... I wonder if the whole new Froome book and it's release is also part of the grand plan to lure everyone into believing that Froome and Twiggy don't like each other. Master manipulation from a machiavellian genius only to launch a united Sky team to confuse all the contenders for this years TdF!

No way... I wonder if the whole new Froome book and it's release is also part of the grand plan to lure everyone into believing that Froome and Twiggy don't like each other. Master manipulation from a machiavellian genius only to launch a united Sky team to confuse all the contenders for this years TdF!

They can even be wank buddies for all I care. Hope they get smoked come TDF

Edited by Jaco-fiets

They can even be wank buddies for all I care. Hope they get smoked come TDF

Who're you backing, Jaco'?

http://www.steephill.tv/2014/tour-of-california/photos/stage-03/141859_DSC_4781.jpg

Wiggins riding tempo for 8km solo up Mt Diablo, keeping everyone in check.

Wiggo for the win at tour de Suise. hahah

I see it's televised

Well done, Superb Sports -

Of wait, more coffee ads!

I see it's televised

Well done, Superb Sports -

Of wait, more coffee ads!

I just had a coffee, spoiling the simplicity for me. :)