Who else is sick at the moment?

For the now 3rd week I have been trying to fight off my nasal drip, sneezing, runny nose, not feeling too good on rides (heart rate thing too) with eating nartjies etc. The last 3 days my dieet has been terrible (no veg etc) and I fear this morning my voice started going funny too and I have a head ache. I also do not wish it will fully get the hang of me, it should just clear up now.

Small consolation to hear I'm not the only one. Had laryngitis and sinusitis about 2 weeks ago, which cleared up with antibiotics, but the post nasal drip and general lack of energy just isn't going away. HR much higher than normal, even in the gym (on the positive side I'm earning more Discovery points than normal). Was supposed to ride the Magalies Monster this weekend but just felt too rotten. So sat at the finish line and watched everybody come in. Which made me feel more depressed. I think it's safe to say I'm not the best person to be around when I'm off the bike.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been off the bike since the end of April.

I was fighting flu like symptoms since the beginning of April and had to pull out of Joberg2C halfway through day 7.

My blood results show that I have glandular fever.

Not sure how long it's going to take to recover which really sucks because I was the fittest that I have ever been.

Small consolation to hear I'm not the only one. Had laryngitis and sinusitis about 2 weeks ago . . . .

. . .supposed to ride the Magalies Monster this weekend but just felt too rotten. So sat at the finish line and watched everybody come in.  . . . .

Self-torture! I've had to do it once or twice. It really sucks.

I was fighting flu like symptoms since the beginning of April and had to pull out of Joberg2C halfway through day 7.

Not sure how long it's going to take to recover which really sucks because I was the fittest that I have ever been.

Glandular Fever is not good I'm afraid. I had a friend with it and it lasted literally years on and off. Long periods of being ok followed by a week in bed barely able to open their eyes. Treat it with much respect mate. Good luck.

Glandular Fever is not good I'm afraid. I had a friend with it and it lasted literally years on and off. Long periods of being ok followed by a week in bed barely able to open their eyes. Treat it with much respect mate. Good luck.

Thanks. The more I read up on it the more depressed I get. 

Washing the car is a huge effort at the moment. Hopefully i will feel good enough to get in an easy ride sometime soon.

Thanks. The more I read up on it the more depressed I get. 

Washing the car is a huge effort at the moment. Hopefully i will feel good enough to get in an easy ride sometime soon.

I hope you are using recycled bath water to wash the car. It is a drought remember!

(Just teasing)

I hope you get better soon.

I have also been fighting the same bugs as bonus for the last 4 to 5 weeks. They seem to be very persistent.

I've had it and it really sucks.

PLEASE take care of yourself and don't rush back into any form of exercise or you'll do serious damage to yourself (that means your major organs like liver and spleen).

Also, don't drink alcohol, as this may also cause permanent damage to your liver.

It took me 6 months to get over it.  I went from top fitness to not being able to ascend a flight of stairs.

Get better soon.

Me again....Second time in a space of 6 weeks.

Blocked nose, scratchy throat and just feeling run down. I think my travels between cold JHB and warm DBN is the cause of it...

Im healthy as chips, this winter on BioBalance immunova+ from Dischem and numero uno is Re-Gen Peptides to boost your protein levels without taxing your digestive system. Re-Gen is from me 0829554423 drop me a whatsapp. Helping you perform on and off the bike.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Im healthy as chips, this winter on BioBalance immunova+ from Dischem and numero uno is Re-Gen Peptides to boost your protein levels without taxing your digestive system. Re-Gen is from me 0829554423 drop me a whatsapp. Helping you perform on and off the bike.

How much commission do you earn from these products?  :P

Edited by StevieL

How much commission do you earn from these products? :P

Sorry Stevie I did not disclose that I'm the Western Cape distributor for Re-Gen Peptides. The BioBalance product is available at Dischem, of which I do not get enriched but support the UCT Patent on Fulvic Acid derived from carbohydrates, also have no claims there.

Started a head cold on the way down to Sani2c with a blocked sinuses and scratchy throat. Then developed a cough in time for the last day. Sinuses have cleared up, but the cough is still lingering, which is keeping me off the bike. At least the coaches at my gym are happy to see me a lot more than usual...

Not me, got a flu shot a few weeks back and it seemed to have work - this year at least. 

I've always wondered whether these work or not . . . .

Started a head cold on the way down to Sani2c with a blocked sinuses and scratchy throat. Then developed a cough in time for the last day. Sinuses have cleared up, but the cough is still lingering, which is keeping me off the bike. At least the coaches at my gym are happy to see me a lot more than usual...

The "cough that lasts 6 weeks" . . .  very annoying!

A cold/flu 'arrives on horseback and leaves on foot' as my GP tells me ..... I have had the flu vaccine the last few years and must say besides mild colds I have not had any issues since then ... before that I almost always got serious flu at least once a year. Anecdotal at best but find it worth it for me!

A cold/flu 'arrives on horseback and leaves on foot' as my GP tells me ..... I have had the flu vaccine the last few years and must say besides mild colds I have not had any issues since then ... before that I almost always got serious flu at least once a year. Anecdotal at best but find it worth it for me!

My pulmonologist insists that all his patients have the flu shot annually and the pneumonia vaccine/shot (the new one - there are 2 - is good for 5 years, apparently).