Die Burger MTB 2014

Rydogg

I get what you saying but realistically if someone can complete a hard 60KM then is not fair to assume her/she could just as well do a 75.

Perhaps someone here could elaborate on technical ability .I sometimes think I have some then then realise I have none, then realise the person who just passes me down a tricky section actually does it because its sitting on its brain and stuggles to climb the next incline .

I think it depends on the race, sometimes it really is just 60 + 15 = 75, other times the organisers leave the real gnarly stuff for the longest route which make it disproportionately harder. Don't know what this case is, will tell you next sunday ^_^

On the 42 - agree with Smurfy, it's only more technical than the 30 & 50 in the sense that there is actually a little bit of singletrack. Climbing, I'd be lying if I said I thought there was a lot of climbing last year, was pretty standard imo

My opinion, because this is a race for the masses with lots of newbies they "dumb it down" a bit for all the routes, maybe less on the 60 & 75 but I still wouldn't do this race in the hope of being wowed by tons of singletrack and technical riding.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has the confirmation of entry e-mail been sent yet? I bought an entry but seller has not yet given me the transfer letter as he is waiting confirmation e-mail with seeding etc?

Edited by CapeLandy

@ CapeLandy, I did receive an email from organizers of the event confirming payment was successful and that my race number will be sent to you via sms or email a few days before registration. I am still waiting for that sms or email.

Hi. Only recently got my leave dates approved and found out that I'll be able to ride on the 2ndAug. Anyone with an entry suddenly lost the will/ability/means/opportunity to do the 42km race, please let me know.

Cheers

I have never done this ride before, I have a 60KM entry, I was told that it bottlenecks and that there can be a lot of standing around when all 3 groups merge, any advice from a vet?

It used to be like that in previous years. I was led to believe that the route was changed to eleviate this.

We'll see on the weekend if it was successfull.

I have never done this ride before, I have a 60KM entry, I was told that it bottlenecks and that there can be a lot of standing around when all 3 groups merge, any advice from a vet?

Wont be that bad this year. 10 min between each groups. Otherwise just be patient, we all gonna have fun. Enjoy the vibe. C U on the 60km route.

has anyone received their race numbers for registration?

15. Where do I collect my Race number, Amarider Trail Tag and the merchandise that I have ordered?

You will collect it at registration – please see venues & dates below

DATE TIME VENUE Wednesday 30 Jul 12:00-18:30 Dirtopia Trail Centre, R44, Stellenbosch Thursday 31 Jul 12:00-18:30 Sports Science Institute Conference Centre Friday 01 Aug 14:00-18:30 Eikestad Primary School, Stellenbosch

As ek reg onthou het hul verlede jaar 'n in en uitklok stelsel gehad, waar hulle oor Helshoogte jou tyd stop sodat jy nie tyd verloor agv die bottelnek nie.

Hi. Only recently got my leave dates approved and found out that I'll be able to ride on the 2ndAug. Anyone with an entry suddenly lost the will/ability/means/opportunity to do the 42km race, please let me know.

Cheers

I know of a 50km one.

Carry one or two ENO sachets with you, if you see a bottleneck in the distance, empty it in your mouth, charge the Bottleneck throthing and shouting "I need a doctor"....Promise you, you'll not be stuck anywhere

Edited by BrandonF