Die Burger MTB 2014

Rydogg

13. How is my seeding calculated and who is seeded?

The 15km & 30km funrides are seeded on a first come, first serve basis – so enter early!

The 42km, 50km & 60km riders results from the following Dirtopia events will be taken in consideration: Die Burger MTB Challenge 2013, Staalwater 2013, Spur MTB Classic 2013 & Amarider 100 Miler 2014. Riders can also send a request mail to info@dirtopia.co.za BEFORE 21 JULY with other recent race results to prove that they are capable & strong riders. One start group for the 75km riders.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jorrie I can only imagine the reason you didn't make the cut is due to there being faster riders ahead of you? You'll never know until you email them.

Where you guys get seeding?

they SMS'ed us, if you didn't get then they possibly have incorrect details listed for you, check your credentials out on their website. Edited by milky4130

they SMS'ed us, if you didn't get then they possibly have incorrect details listed for you, check your credentials out their website.

Ag yippee, got a k seeding. :cursing:

Jorrie I can only imagine the reason you didn't make the cut is due to there being faster riders ahead of you? You'll never know until you email them.

Jip, must be a strong field, two years in the top 20 and still not good enough for B group!

The 15km & 30km funrides are seeded on a first come, first serve basis – so enter early!

The 42km, 50km & 60km riders results from the following Dirtopia events will be taken in consideration: Die Burger MTB Challenge 2013, Staalwater 2013, Spur MTB Classic 2013 & Amarider 100 Miler 2014. Riders can also send a request mail to info@dirtopia.co.za BEFORE 21 JULY with other recent race results to prove that they are capable & strong riders. One start group for the 75km riders.

There must be more events as I only did the 42 last year and of all the other events listed here I did the Spur MTB Classic. This year I am seeded B.

There must be more events as I only did the 42 last year and of all the other events listed here I did the Spur MTB Classic. This year I am seeded B.

probably I just grabbed that from their website, of that list I only did 100 Miler in May this year. Edited by milky4130

I'm assuming no one is giving up their 42km tickets yet? No one had a pre race body/bike technical yet? Let me know if you guys know of anyone that'll be unable to attend and willing to sell.

Jip, must be a strong field, two years in the top 20 and still not good enough for B group!

There seeding might be like the PPA system which gives a higher score depending on what the winners times are. If this is the case there will be a low score for the 60km race as all the pro's and other top riders are probably doing the 75.

I am still counting my 2013 grape escape seeding points in the PPA system because all the Epic guys that raced had very fast times and my (way down the field) result has a high beta factor. I have had a few recent results in the top 25% but they do not score me as many points because of the lack of top guys at the front.

I only did the Burger 42 last year.(Did the Tip Trans, Transkaroo, Karoo to Coast non Burger qualifiers) I got a B seeding for the 60km. By the sounds of it I should actually be in either D or E starting groups. Weird how they work it out. :eek: :oops:

75km - 2150m elevation

60km - 1930m elevation

42km - 1192m elevation

Edited by Fabian46

I am taking a chance here:

I got an E seeding for the 60km, which is ridiculous.

Is anyone willing to swap for a "B" seeding? I will pay!