nathrix

152 members have voted

1. 1. Riding the ATTAKWAS EXTREME MTB 2015? (just out of interest)

• NO, won't be able to enter :(
    • Will be riding it on a htail with gears 26"
    • Will be riding it on a htail with gears 27.5"
    • Will be riding it on a htail with gears 29"
    • Will be riding it on a dual suspension with gears 26"
    • Will be riding it on a dual suspension with gears 27.5"
    • Will be riding it on a dual suspension with gears 29"
    • Will be riding it on a SS Rigid!
    • Will be riding it on a FATBIKE with gears!
    • Will be riding it on a FATBIKE SS!!!!

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have a blast Mate, its going to be Epic!!

mixed feelings about it, but hey, let's go.

I would say not. It gets extremely hot and if you start to dehydrate you will be in trouble. I normally only ride with one bottle but would never do it for this one.

Done the last 2 with 1 x bottle but I don't drink loads. Waterpoints are roughly 20km apart so plan properly and you can make it. I also try and drink plenty at the waterpoints.

Fair enough. Some can some can't. If you are having a tough day and it gets to the usual 35+ out there you could very easily start running into issues. The water points are excellent and spaced out pretty well as you say though.

Fully agree with you. Guys that drink loads must carry extra.

Fair enough. Some can some can't. If you are having a tough day and it gets to the usual 35+ out there you could very easily start running into issues. The water points are excellent and spaced out pretty well as you say though.

It really all boils down to how long you pan on being out there , and the heat .

Indeed they are. And I think they even have excellent eye candy at the one on the top of the mountain!!

So I dont need to carry the extra gels and food. This is my first attempt. Would you suggest a sachet of rehydrate or 2.

I did this race about 4years ago. Are the water points still as well stocked with gels and snacks?

Just check the last email from Dryland, I think they will have 32Gi at the waterpoints, which might not be every rider's cup of tea.  They will have coke and fruit juices as well.

I don't think they have gels but lots of cold fruit and all sorts to eat. The liquids are plentiful and a great assortment as well. Probably no need for food but  would carry all the gels that you need.

Thanks, hope its like the Transkaroo. Terrain will be different, but well stocked wp`s. Let the suffer begin. :whistling:  :eek:

Archived