How many kg have you dropped since cycling?

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must be doing it wrong cause I went from 87kg to 98kg.

Maybe its the beers after riding.

Oops. Seems I better quit the Peroni after a ride then. Nothing like vegging by the pool with an ice cold beer after pounding the peddles.

I've also picked up weight; 75 to 80 in two months. I'm wanting to believe it's muscle. I started xfit and cycling at the same time. Before that I literally did zero exercise for a good few years.

P.s. On lchf with my girlfriend...

Edited by iamgigglz

Has anyone lost weight in there fingers? My wedding ring keeps falling/sliding off. I'm down to 90kg's now from about 112kg in Sep 2013. 

I had to stop wearing mine after an initial 15kg loss, then a year later the missis bought me a new one that does not fall off.

I must be doing it wrong cause I went from 87kg to 98kg.

Maybe its the beers after riding.

It IS THE BEER ask me.

I can do 500km per week but if the beer stays the same I am screwed.

would like to get down to about 2l of beer per day. I think that will get things rolling nicely, but damn it is hard. Beer is a food after all and I have it for breakfast, lunch and supper and then a bit in between.

If it was not for my cycling I would be huge.

Muscle mass?

ya from all the whey protein i put it  :whistling: 

http://www.sagoodies.com/WebRoot/Store8/Shops/61871791/49E5/E7C6/DDF0/C0BB/047D/C0A8/28B8/A5A4/windhoek_0020_lager.jpg

edit: I honestly have no idea, went a month no sugar, bread, beer and very limited carbs and I gained 2.5kg.

Edited by fanievb

It IS THE BEER ask me.

I can do 500km per week but if the beer stays the same I am screwed.

would like to get down to about 2l of beer per day. I think that will get things rolling nicely, but damn it is hard. Beer is a food after all and I have it for breakfast, lunch and supper and then a bit in between.

If it was not for my cycling I would be huge.

Down to 2l of beer a day :eek: dam dude!

I found the best way to cut back on my beer consumption was to start drinking craft beer. They super expensive so that helped cut the intake.  Now i cant drink the commercial stuff cause it tastes k@k.

Except for beer on tap...dam this merry go round

Edited by Davey_Jones

Okay, decided time to lose the gut that is starting to grow.

Monday was 94kg. Cut sugar in my coffee (was only one), and reduced carbs (but not stop).

This morning I was 90kg and pretty confident I will hit 89.5 or so tomorrow.

Cycling and slight eating habit change seems to work well. Fun and pain free way to drop the weight off.

Aiming for around 80kg.

Never changed my diet but did change eating patterns and choice of food, I suppose I've just contradicted myself.

That's the key !

A tweak and fine tune of your eating habits rather than a strict diet is more effective less painful and above all sustainable.

Plus riding is good for soul !

Also keeps me from those extra gardening and DIY beers that really just excuses for a break much like smoking was years back , now it just take a break for a breaks sake

Oh and a good coffee machine , a short sharp espresso is a treat !

I started cycling again last year for the first time since I was in high school 20 odd years ago. It wasn't so much to lose weight per se but rather as a means of exercise where I could get into that meditative zone and forget about the rat race for a bit. I wasn't feeling all that great physically and often suffered from intense heartburn and basic lethargy.

So, in Aug of last year I bought my mtb and have really been loving it. I am 189cm and weighed 96kg when I started. In the beginning it was obviously tough but by Dec I had dropped to 85kg and currently I am 80kg where I seem to be stabilising. I am definitely drinking less as well because of the dreaded fear of the early hangover ride, so that's a bonus. Heartburn virtually non-existent now and loads more energy. 16kg down and feeling great!

Keen to know whether you guys who weren't so fit when you started also find that you shed the kay-gees like there was no tomorrow?

Sorry Im new to this thread.....but to start off, how many hours a week or distance did you you do to drop 10kg?