How many kg have you dropped since cycling?

Another question for you guys

Obviously the hardest part to loose the cm on is the stomach, do you do core exercises?

With the time limits I hardly get time to ride my bike, there is just no way I can go to a gym

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.95 and weighed 118 when i started, best iv'e been is 98 but consistent around 102kg.

From 89kg down to 73kg and back up to 79kg now. Pulling my finger to get down to 72kg by end August. I am 1.76m tall

Before 94.7 last year I was at 128,5kgs never done sports before in my life.

Now I am at 111,5kgs and done the 94.7, two other cycle races, 4 10km run races, 3 half marathons including the Two Oceans and entered the 5150 Bela Bela, Tri Rock and 70.3 in January.

Still want to lose about 15kgs though.

Cant remember how much exactly, but I weigh less now (Grade 10 at the moment)than I did in primary school, currently 62.5kg

I'm 34 and weight has been the same since grade 10. Replaced some baby fat with muscle. Have to shovel the food in to stop losing more weight! (1.85m and 73 kgs)

Obviously the hardest part to loose the cm on is the stomach, do you do core exercises?

With the time limits I hardly get time to ride my bike, there is just no way I can go to a gym

In my experience, getting rid of the little tjoop, the love handles and the belly fat is 95% diet and 5% core / ab workout...

Uni, I think you are being too modest - somebody said they saw you the other day after quite a long time & they almost didnt recognize you because you looked so good. :thumbup:

Hahaaa who you been talking to and how much alcohol was involved?

Guest EdEdEd

So I've kind of decided to start training for the Comrades (over something like 3years????)

So lets quickly lose 40kg!!! Damn the beer, damn it!

Core exercises assist with posture and some toning around the middle.

The jelly on the tummy and waist is fat tissue - must be burnt off.

Guest EdEdEd
Lost 64kg in 6 months. Was 157 kgs
respect. I was at 132. Now at 122. Want to be at 86... Long road ahead

You should consider a high fat diet low carb diet, 18 months ago I could not cycle 2 hours without eating, now I can easily do 4 to 5 hours on water.

What type of fat are you referring to? I hardly touch carbs except maybe a potato once a week. It would be interesting to see what everyone eats, as a comparison.....

I eat what I want, when I want. (very sweet tooth) and my weight stays constant at around 82kg.

Archived