How many kg have you dropped since cycling?

Since middle of last year i am down from 110kg to 103kg, battling to get past that as I dont spend enough time cycling or I land up doing weight training after spining class(haven`t been to gym in 6 weeks or cycled due to work). I am 1.82m tall, most of my weight comes from my club rugby days where i went from 85kg`s to 125kg`s to ensure i kept my spot in the forward pack(unbelievable i played lock).

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Between the Quit smoking & start cycling I gained just under 30kgs... I started cycling and went from 135kg at my heaviest to averaging around the 100-103kg mark nowadays!!

The only thing I struggle with is the "first year syndrome" around the mid section. Wish it could just disappear!!! :whistling:

While being active in my youth (sailing competitively, practicing martial arts and previously skateboarding etc) I measured in at a height of 176cm with a weight of 80kgs. Then I went to university.

After 3 years of studying Architectural Technology, at a height of 178cm I weighed in at 106kg.

Hopped onto a bike after graduating, and 1 year later I weigh in at 88kgs. Still have abit of love around my waist and could do with more muscle, but the weight loss so far has been from cycling only.

18kgs of weight loss isn't too bad? I love my bikes.

I will reach my goal of 85kgs between now and December (muscle gain + weight loss).

No kgs to get excited about, but definitely better muscle tone and strength/fitness, but I also don't ride as often as I would like to. how often do you ride?

Uni, I think you are being too modest - somebody said they saw you the other day after quite a long time & they almost didnt recognize you because you looked so good. :thumbup:

Great stories here. Healthy body = healthy mind... wait scratch that this is the hub..

Healthy body = pimping rides. ;)

Was at 98kg when I started cycling. A year later I was down to 78kg, but has picked up a few kg again. Steady at 82kg now. (would like to say it is muscle mass that I gained, as my legs did improve quite a bit as far as muscle go, but there is still good enough grip on my love handles :whistling: :blush: )

Was at 100 on January - dropped to 94 by April. Then I got very sick for a week and couldn't ride for a month. Then injured a muscle and still couldn't ride. Back to 97 now. Getting back into it and aiming to get to 85 by december

18 kg since 2011. 96kg down to 78kg at 187cm tall. Stopping eating take aways also helped a lot.

2008 I tipped the scale at 92kg, now I'm weight training like a ... let's just say quite intense to keep some muscle and my weight above 75kg, at 1.85m everyone asks if I shouldn't eat something when it goes below that :thumbdown:

That said...I quite like the climbs now :thumbup:

Have always been skinny - now on 62 kg and always feel I need some more weight!

Me 2!!!

I don't want to lose anything... At 1.92m and 70kg I am too thin...

I think perfect for a climbing machine.

I'm sort of in the same boat, and am not called Spoke for no reason!!!

1.88m and 58kg but I have always been a been pole (family genetics) and a metabolism that's like a top fuel dragster. I can eat and drink what ever I like and as much as I like and nothing happens, My body even laughs in the face of protein shakes.

Getting back to cycling I'm classed as a racing snake but at around 60kg's you tend to be way to light especially on the road bike as at +40km/h i'm like a blade of grass in the wind. The problem is not to bad on the MTB apart from carrying momentum on the rough stuff which in my case in non existent.

I do find I actually gain weight 2/3kgs when training that is +15h / 400kms a week and then loose it again when I stop or reduce my training load, but I guess this is down to muscle mass.

I have talked to a couple of the local pro's and they reckon 65kgs is about as low as you want to go, so I got some work to do.

I have no idea what the scale says.. but I dropped a pants size and this current size is getting baggy.. the weight doesn't bug me.. I just want less wobble ;)

Beginning of last year I weighed 110kg's (180cm). During the whole of the year I only lost 4kg's. Started this year at 106kg's .... upped my riding intensity and changed my eating lifestyle and have dropped 16kg's, down to 90kg's. Aiming to drop some more, but it is getting harder which is to be expected.

Was 96kg down to a steady 83kg.

1.86m tall

The problem is now I am stuck at 83kg, I think that with the weight loss there is a few factores that everyone must mention ie.

Any specific diet you are following?

And your riding hours per week.

A am following a low carb high fat diet but I need to loose another 3kg. Is it going to help if I switch over to another type of diet or just cut down on the amount of food consumed each day?

I ride between 5-8 hours in winter

Me 2!!!

I think perfect for a climbing machine.

I'm sort of in the same boat, and am not called Spoke for no reason!!!

1.88m and 58kg but I have always been a been pole (family genetics) and a metabolism that's like a top fuel dragster. I can eat and drink what ever I like and as much as I like and nothing happens, My body even laughs in the face of protein shakes.

Getting back to cycling I'm classed as a racing snake but at around 60kg's you tend to be way to light especially on the road bike as at +40km/h i'm like a blade of grass in the wind. The problem is not to bad on the MTB apart from carrying momentum on the rough stuff which in my case in non existent.

I do find I actually gain weight 2/3kgs when training that is +15h / 400kms a week and then loose it again when I stop or reduce my training load, but I guess this is down to muscle mass.

I have talked to a couple of the local pro's and they reckon 65kgs is about as low as you want to go, so I got some work to do.

Dis baie maer! Ek is ook gebou soos 'n riet (62 kg) en lank! Raak partykeer skaam omdat ek so dun aangetrek is. :clap:

Archived