Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

Well I'll take the honor of being last... Well done guys... My stats attached

Nothing wrong with that either, any way the idea behind these power based gadgets we bought was to improve.....although on second thought...stuff that, the aim seems to have moved to kill as many of the fellow racers as possible within 1h.

LAST NIGHTS RACE GAVE ME A NEW MAX HEART RATE FIGURE

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Garmin 520 will be able to control resistance on trainers if I understood DC Rainmaker correctly, if it works on Powerbeam it could be an option as discussed a few pages back regarding subscription etc

New Garmin 520 will be able to control resistance on trainers if I understood DC Rainmaker correctly, if it works on Powerbeam it could be an option as discussed a few pages back regarding subscription etc

Not sure if this will work with the powerbeam bluetooth version...

By the looks of things it will be priced at about R6000. Very steep! I like the fact that it has strava. The new 510 updates will include strava though. Only problem is I have an 500. Considering ordering the $50 joule (non gps) from the US to control the powerbeam when not online. That said I have yet checked out the available training sites that accommodate the powerbeam. 1 thing is certain though, I will bot renew cycleops VT after Nov

By the looks of things it will be priced at about R6000. Very steep! I like the fact that it has strava. The new 510 updates will include strava though. Only problem is I have an 500. Considering ordering the $50 joule (non gps) from the US to control the powerbeam when not online. That said I have yet checked out the available training sites that accommodate the powerbeam. 1 thing is certain though, I will bot renew cycleops VT after Nov

Jaco, what other sites have you looked at and which could you recommend?

Jaco, what other sites have you looked at and which could you recommend?

Sorry! The "not" should be in their. I went on DC rainmaker and he has a list of them all reviewed. I have not yet checked them out. If you come across any good one's pls share. I will do the same

Hi Jaco,

Bad news, I supplied duff gen when I said (in another thread) that the $50 Joule (non gps) can control the powerbeam....only the Joule GPS can control the powerbeam and its a lot more expensive +/- $269.

Sorry for that 

:blush:

You can skop my gat at the next race...again

Hi Jaco,

Bad news, I supplied duff gen when I said (in another thread) that the $50 Joule (non gps) can control the powerbeam....only the Joule GPS can control the powerbeam and its a lot more expensive +/- $269.

Sorry for that 

:blush:

You can skop my gat at the next race...again

No worries! I think there is 1 of the external training sites (few probably) that can control it. I actually think 1 of those sites has a once off fee then your home bound

No worries! I think there is 1 of the external training sites (few probably) that can control it. I actually think 1 of those sites has a once off fee then your home bound

thinking of using my old Giant trainer with - lever / cable resistance - Powertap hub again in this coming summer :ph34r:

Sounds like the race field is thinning out...

DIDNT THEY HAVE THE BIGGEST RACE IN THE WEEK SO FAR :eek:  :eek:  :eek:

I MUST GET MY A INTO G :blush:

I MUST GET MY motor INTO G :blush:

hehe /\

Largest number of entries (for Hub race anyway)

Largest Did Not Start as well

I MUST GET MY A INTO G :blush:

Need to Sweat the ASSets...

Can anyone recommend some good workouts on the Virtual Training platform?

I am looking for similar workouts to the current Cadence / Watt Bike classes?

I use the cyclops bike at home same as they have in the cadence classes.

Not sure if this will work with the powerbeam bluetooth version...

it may have the functionality built in but may not be turned on till later in the year, the new PowerTap Joule GPS+ also BLE has this functionality built in but will only be active once a future firmware updates are done. 

Archived