Upgrades to PWC Bike Park

morecycling

Hi guys, we broke ground on the new pump track and dedicated skill section today as well as a revamp of the new 2 larger bmx/jump tracks at the PWC bike park in Bryanston.

We have contracted Hylton Turvey (the master behind Karkloof) for the next 3-6 months to do major revamps and also to redo a number of our main park trails.

Main visitor areas will be ready by end of August while full revamp will be complete by the end of the year. We will post pictures as they develop. The pump track will be lit at night so looking forward to starting a night pump track challenge as well as other great events.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And some more north shore style bridgespost-52292-0-19487800-1403720466_thumb.jpg

Have you ever ridden those when they are wet? I think the maintenance will be higher too.

Also I think those are harder to get the curves right than with dirt. One can more easily feel a disturbance in momentum.

Pretty and different but maybe too much at this stage for a park that already struggled with maintenance.

Hoping for something like this!

I really think it will draw a lot of people. ..deffo me. I actually NEED something like this to get over my 'air issues'. :D

Have you ever ridden those when they are wet? I think the maintenance will be higher too.

Also I think those are harder to get the curves right than with dirt. One can more easily feel a disturbance in momentum.

Pretty and different but maybe too much at this stage for a park that already struggled with maintenance.

True that.

In the UK they line them with chicken wire (sometimes). Makes it safer. I miss the old bridges they had, maybe something similar would be good but they had issues with those too, mostly injury related.