• Michael Bay

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jurassic World, IMAX 3D!!

Pretty much the best movie I've seen this year, and I've seen quite a few and

almost all were in IMAX and 3D so I doubt its the theater that made the difference.

Superb action

I want a 'raptor

I want a Raptor too. Blue was my favorite out of the four.

Edited by Craig N

Mad max..Jurrasic World etc ..all Special effects heavy...listened to an interesting article the other day as to why TV is becoming more and more popular..and one of the reasons is that people are craving pure storyline without the distraction of effects. Of course, there is still a market for it else hollywood wouldn't still be pumping it out...but the premise is more and more people are getting less and less impressed with it and there is a evident trend towards the silver screen gaining in popularity when compared with hollywood...net result  - they pumping these familar special effects driven movies out like a cheescake factory in a desperate attempt to try regain some glory thats waning

Mad max..Jurrasic World etc ..all Special effects heavy...listened to an interesting article the other day as to why TV is becoming more and more popular..and one of the reasons is that people are craving pure storyline without the distraction of effects. Of course, there is still a market for it else hollywood wouldn't still be pumping it out...but the premise is more and more people are getting less and less impressed with it and there is a evident trend towards the silver screen gaining in popularity when compared with hollywood...net result  - they pumping these familar special effects driven movies out like a cheescake factory in a desperate attempt to try regain some glory thats waning

agreed. Just taking Sense8, for example - That's one MF huuuge rabbit hole they're taking us down. No ways that that sort of quality could be condensed into a 90 minute big screen jobbie. 

Mad max..Jurrasic World etc ..all Special effects heavy...listened to an interesting article the other day as to why TV is becoming more and more popular..

Good point. Really enjoyed Jurassic World. But take away the big budget and special effects and it really is just a monster B-movie.

22 years ago Jurassic Park was the movie that made me fell in love with cinema. Computer generated dinosaurs, dolby digital sound, was so awesome my parents had to take me to see it twice. So maybe nostalgia clouded my judgement but I thought J World was a fun movie.

Good point. Really enjoyed Jurassic World. But take away the big budget and special effects and it really is just a monster B-movie.

22 years ago Jurassic Park was the movie that made me fell in love with cinema. Computer generated dinosaurs, dolby digital sound, was so awesome my parents had to take me to see it twice. So maybe nostalgia clouded my judgement but I thought J World was a fun movie.

dont get me wrong..we will watch it...the jurrasic franchise is an institution like Indiana Jones, Back to the future and Star Wars....but its true  much rather prefer a good solid drama

For me the movie that made me love movies was the mission...great acting, visuals and soundtrack

inj5xkqt.jpg

dont get me wrong..we will watch it...the jurrasic franchise is an institution like Indiana Jones, Back to the future and Star Wars....but its true  much rather prefer a good solid drama

For me the movie that made me love movies was the mission...great acting, visuals and soundtrack

inj5xkqt.jpg

Woah, I wouldn't give it that much credit. It was one good movie followed by multiple crap sequels. I wouldn't even put it close to the same league as those movies.

Coincidently I watched the mission again a week ago. Definitely a classic.

Woah, I wouldn't give it that much credit. It was one good movie followed by multiple crap sequels. I wouldn't even put it close to the same league as those movies.

Coincidently I watched the mission again a week ago. Definitely a classic.

ja....I agree...a bit like jaws...but at the time you watched all 4 because...well...it was jaws

Advice please

One movie for this weekend

Max or Raptors.... which one?

I thought Max was the better movie but if you can see the Raptors on IMAX I would opt for that..

Advice please

One movie for this weekend

Max or Raptors.... which one?

Max, before the run ends on the big screen

Found this in a bargain bin yesterday and started watching it last night, but fell asleep. Any good?

post-1604-0-14016100-1434960246_thumb.jpg