• Martin Scorsese
    • Ridley Scott
    • M. Night Shyamalan
    • Steven Spielberg
    • Quentin Tarantino
    • Orson Welles
    • Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

Yeah it was fun.. a little long ..yoh my bladder only just made it.

Couple of plot holes in the story.. suppose they had to tie everything up as best they could. A few things that I went nah okes..that can't actually happen.

Shame there was one little kid that did not like what happened and said very loud "ek gaan nou huis toe"

Next Guardians is going to be great fun

Trailer to Dark Phoenix looks really good..def going to be watching that.

It does look good, and it has Sansa Stark playing as Jean Grey :clap:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Planning a little date night with the wifey during the course of next week as our anniversary is coming up. She suggested we go watch Avengers: Endgame, although it's to find a suitable babysitter for our two year old that could be a bit tricky.

my youngest though watched the trailer with me yesterday, and is buzzing about it.

Sonic the hedgehog. It looks weird... from how he looks, to who plays Robotnik and even the music isn't what I'd have expected.

https://youtu.be/FvvZaBf9QQI

Video game movie adaptations don't generally do too well. I hope that's not the case with Sonic.

Seems like Sega / Sony has responded to the internet and they are going to change how Sonic looks.

Video game movie adaptations don't generally do too well. I hope that's not the case with Sonic.

Interesting that after decades of failures the movie industry still haven't figured out that game IP's just don't cross-over successfully into movies. This movie has flop written all over it.

Interesting that after decades of failures the movie industry still haven't figured out that game IP's just don't cross-over successfully into movies. This movie has flop written all over it.

It depends on how you look at it. 

At the end of the day, all the studio wants to do is make a profit. Take the Resident Evil franchise: rubbish movies, but the studio can turn them out on the cheap and they make a tidy profit. 

Now, trying to pull of a high budget game-adaption, that's a mighty big risk. 

At the end of the day, all the studio wants to do is make a profit. Take the Resident Evil franchise: rubbish movies, but the studio can turn them out on the cheap and they make a tidy profit.

Especially when it's as cultish as Sonic, Warcraft, Diablo, Doom etc

There are always the odd exception - (though I wouldnt really hold up the Resident Evil franchise as examples of good movies) - but fair enough, they made money

Especially when it's as cultish as Sonic, Warcraft, Diablo, Doom etc

the Warcraft movie I enjoyed. There needs to be a Diablo film.

Not sure if "Glass" has come up on this thread before yet?

Yebo. Didn't go quite the direction I expected but I liked it more than most of his recent efforts. It's worth watching the trilogy, imo.

Fighting with My Family (2019) 6/10.

Maybe it helps if you're a wrestling fan, but it didn't really grab me. Decent cast and a decent effort by first-time director Stephen Merchant, though. He's got some experience directing TV shows and it translates to a smooth, confident film.

Yebo. Didn't go quite the direction I expected but I liked it more than most of his recent efforts. It's worth watching the trilogy, imo.

I binged the trilogy after seeing Unbreakable a while back. Great trilogy, and great characters. Worth a watch for sure.

Fighting with My Family (2019) 6/10.

Maybe it helps if you're a wrestling fan, but it didn't really grab me. Decent cast and a decent effort by first-time director Stephen Merchant, though. He's got some experience directing TV shows and it translates to a smooth, confident film.

Had watched half before it started buffering horribly. Wanna watch it cos Leana Heady.