• Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah saw it over the weekend.

My son said before that he really hoped they don't mess it up..I told him it is NOT possible to mess up Bad Boys when you have the original actors in it, afterwards I told him see not possible to mess it up..

Edited by Gen

Saw 1917 last night - seems to be the front runner for Oscar for best picture in 2020.

Thought the movie was technically brilliant (whole movie consist of just 2 continuous unbroken scenes)  and visually stunning.

The premise and story though, a bit silly with some big plot holes.

Of the nominated movies I've seen my vote would probably go to The Joker but my personal favourite Once upon a Time in Hollywood. 

Saw 1917 last night - seems to be the front runner for Oscar for best picture in 2020.

Thought the movie was technically brilliant (whole movie consist of just 2 continuous unbroken scenes)  and visually stunning.

Of the nominated movies I've seen my vote would probably go to The Joker but my personal favourite Once upon a Time in Hollywood. 

1917 is a good watch, but not an exceptional movie though unfortunately.....some of the scenes however did have me "moving" with the characters to avoid obstacles ... but then again I also "move" with many a MTB vid clip too ... 

I also enjoyed it very much, but my favourite is still Warhorse. The movie was great, and the theatre production was the best I've ever seen. I left the show shaken and stirred.

Thought the movie was technically brilliant (whole movie consist of just 2 continuous unbroken scenes) and visually stunning.

Must see

I love technical genius on the big screen ????

Bad Boys 3. Just what I was looking for, and different enough to the others to keep it feeling fresh.

That's great to hear. Keen.

Finally got around to watching Roma on Netflix last night.

I had a pang of emotion throughout the final third (as much as I could since the events were pretty much foreshadowed on the side of a freight train), but tbh I was more connected/intrigued by the over the top cinematography and wide tracking shots than anything going on in the thread bare plot. There wasn't enough substance for me to become immersed as what the critics and cheerleaders of the film have reported.

Technical rating of 8/10. Enjoyment rating of about 5/10.

I see Kirk Douglas has died. 103 years old. That's quite a life considering he had a near fatal stroke in the middle of the 90s

I see Kirk Douglas has died. 103 years old. That's quite a life considering he had a near fatal stroke in the middle of the 90s

That's a good innings

Very good actor..RIP.

Watched Midway last night. What a movie! Sad to think of all the children that lost their lives for the war effort.