• Martin Scorsese
    • Ridley Scott
    • M. Night Shyamalan
    • Steven Spielberg
    • Quentin Tarantino
    • Orson Welles
    • Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

Enjoyed Rogue One more than last year's SW7. Definitely one for the fans.

I think I must go watch it some time this week.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have kids (actually even if you don't) go check out Moana!!

Another winner from Disney!

Loved it.

Watched it over the weekend.

Was pretty awesome.  Bit of a different story line. 

See this is taking some stick on about a return of the hated voiceover narration...

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2016/12/19/harrison_ford_and_ryan_gosling_star_in_the_first_trailer_for_blade_runner.html

But, the line in the teaser isn't from the narration of the original, it's from Deckard's first encounter with Rachel in the original.

Personally, I cannot wait for this one. Only in October, though!

Saw Snowden and Deepwater Horizon last night. Both based on real events, of course. I thought Deepwater was okay, good cast with a decent script, but it just didn't wow me. Maybe because I think it's a ridiculously stupid idea to go deep-sea drilling for oil in the first place and therefore I didn't feel as much sympathy for the people when everything went horribly wrong. To be kind, I'll give this film a 7/10 - good, but not great.

Snowden, on the other hand, was enthralling to watch. Oliver Stone, for once, went for quiet understatement and allowed the story to tell itself via Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who did an excellent job. One can't help but be mesmerised by the way the seduction of power is revealed, the way the public is lulled into placid acceptance of a government that is happily feeding them the "security vs freedom" line in order to get their cooperation to live in a country where total control has become the order of the day. I'll give Snowden a Very Good 8/10.

Edited by Readsalot

Saw Snowden and Deepwater Horizon last night. Both based on real events, of course. I thought Deepwater was okay, good cast with a decent script, but it just didn't wow me. Maybe because I think it's a ridiculously stupid idea to go deep-sea drilling for oil in the first place and therefore I didn't feel as much sympathy for the people when everything went horribly wrong. To be kind, I'll give this film a 7/10 - good, but not great.

Snowden, on the other hand, was enthralling to watch. Oliver Stone, for once, went for quiet understatement and allowed the story to tell itself via Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who did an excellent job. One can't help but be mesmerised by the way the seduction of power is revealed, the way the public is lulled into placid acceptance of a government that is happily feeding them the "security vs freedom" line in order to get their cooperation to live in a country where total control has become the order of the day. I'll give Snowden a Very Good 8/10.

Forgot about Snowden, and agreed. Very good movie indeed

so now that the "war" is over, it looks like we are returning to the outer Asiatic regions for interesting stories.

that Catholic one (silence) does not look pleasant at all ! Alot of violence which subtly (or not) appears to be aimed at the chinese is not so nice

Anyone been to watch Assassin's Creed yet..?

Very unfortunately yes. The biggest load of crap that I have ever seen. Saw it in 3D, it's so badly filmed, could not see anything, mostly just shadows. Nothing like the games. In my opinion, nobody in that entire cast and set ever played the games. It's over complicated, mostly takes place in the present, a very few (I think 3) scenes in the past. What does Ezio do, he jumps of high towers, in the movie there is one scene with this, as he jumps, the idiot in the Anymus has a heart seizure. Could not possibly have been worse.

Very unfortunately yes. The biggest load of crap that I have ever seen. Saw it in 3D, it's so badly filmed, could not see anything, mostly just shadows. Nothing like the games. In my opinion, nobody in that entire cast and set ever played the games. It's over complicated, mostly takes place in the present, a very few (I think 3) scenes in the past. What does Ezio do, he jumps of high towers, in the movie there is one scene with this, as he jumps, the idiot in the Anymus has a heart seizure. Could not possibly have been worse.

Aggeno.. that is all bad.. damn man I have kids dying to see it.[emoji17]

It sounds even worse than Assassins Creed 3...