[Event] MTN National MTB Series #8 Ride Crater Cruise Driven By NISSAN

WesselvdWalt

Die "low flying" vliegtuie vandag op die roete was amazing! Was vrek warm, maar het dit baie geniet. Dankie Advendurance!

Yeah I also enjoyed that show.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ek dink ons moet bietjie werk aan die single track direk van die teerpad af. Dis nie pret as 400 mense teen 40km/uur daar aankom en dan moet staan en wag vir 10min tot almal weer op hulle fietse kan kom nie.

Great photo, had the hairs on the back of my neck standing up with those planes falling in and "strafing" us

Ek dink ons moet bietjie werk aan die single track direk van die teerpad af. Dis nie pret as 400 mense teen 40km/uur daar aankom en dan moet staan en wag vir 10min tot almal weer op hulle fietse kan kom nie.

Can't expect riders to enter single track 300m after the neutral zone. Never going to be pretty. Then throw a technical anything in the mix and all it takes is for 1 person to dismount and it's chaos. Waited for 14mins there I think. Race organizers need think a bit.

Can't expect riders to enter single track 300m after the neutral zone. Never going to be pretty. Then throw a technical anything in the mix and all it takes is for 1 person to dismount and it's chaos. Waited for 14mins there I think. Race organizers need think a bit.

I agreee, i lost some time...

I agreee, i lost some time...

Tbh I wasn't really looking at time... but it's a bit irritating when that happens and is very avoidable and im sure some of the racing snakes were properly pissed off. A little bridge there would have sorted most of the delay out. But was also irritated me was the waterpoints. Waterpoint 1 was just that.... a tap. No mention of the 92km waterpoint on the maps which other than the "halfway" stop was the only waterpoint worth visiting.

This was my first MTN Advendurance race and quite honestly I was very disappointed. I find the trailseeker series much more enjoyable and better organised.

This whole new arrangement ... :thumbdown:

For one, merging the marathon and the utra's later: BAD idea for all concerned. I had many of the faster Ultras yelling 'rider, track, etc' wtf bros we are riders as well, and paid our dues to be there.

And getting to the river (Marathon), I was really hoping for a path through the farmlands, and a track over the ridge, no, 30+ k's of dusty district roads (and a few k's of tar), no mtb trails. So where does my entry fee go then?

Bring back the Classic! at least there one goes on a bit of a journey out there and back, you have to learn to cope with the heat and factors and when you go there prepared, you enjoy the ride.

Also water points: no Coke! I carry my own water mix, but what I would like is a hit of cold Coke please. Nothing.

So don't think I will be coming back until the Classic is re-instated. Maybe Adventurance should move on now.

Edited by kosmonooit

I agree that the bottleneck was extremely frustrating and at the wrong moment. BUT the route overall was fantastic

Maybe I'm just a bit negative at the moment but I don't enjoy race thats 70% dirt road where its either so corrugated it feels like your teeth are going to shake out, or so deep in soft sand that you feel like you're riding in syrup. My first crater cruise ultra, and apparently "but everybody knows thats what you get at crater cruise". So probably my mistake going there in the first place.

I was at the back of the pack,more like 20min for me.Other than that it was a tough,hot awesome race.

Maybe I'm just a bit negative at the moment but I don't enjoy race thats 70% dirt road where its either so corrugated it feels like your teeth are going to shake out, or so deep in soft sand that you feel like you're riding in syrup. My first crater cruise ultra, and apparently "but everybody knows thats what you get at crater cruise". So probably my mistake going there in the first place.

You confuse me.

You say the route was fantastic but 70% of it was ***? Which is it?

Edited by Rotiringer

I saw this crater cruise as training after winter.. a long slog in heat that's what it is.

Saying that I felt the 80km had way too much tar and district road.. seemes more than on last yrs ultra

I didn't have any bottlenecks. The race snakes didn't bug me too much had 2 guys from the ultra that shouted line or whatever while I was on singletrack but I ignored them till I had space to let them through. .sorry boys whoever you are. But I aint letting you past till it's safe to do so, if you are in such a hurry go bundu bashing then.

The biggest disappointment was that waterpoint next to the river.. no nice sweet treats this yr :(

Coped better with the sand this yr. Thank goodneas last yr that nearly killed me. But I cramped badly before sorry hill.. I've never cramped before. . It wasn't fun.. but still rode up sorry hill.. yaaay me ;)

Edited by Gen

Did I mention I am feeling a bit ripped off?  The splurb boasted about more mtb track, we got less. False advertising?

And a further complaint about the lack of food at water points, esp. the river one, which is the one I stop at because I always take a dip. They used to have vetkoeks there (at least in the previous 7 time I have done this race)

Edited by kosmonooit