Prep for 2015 Freedom Challenge / Race to Rhodes

Busy planning the content of my Ice cream tubs . Some lube in each would be nice but I only got one small bottle (samples we get at races) left . So I decided to phone the Squirt people . Long story short they going to send me the 21 little bottles I need and also will send me 21 little tubs with their new chafing balm !!  :clap:  :thumbup:

Now you will have these plus the ones that are at the support stations (although these are erratic)...  :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My bike is packed and ready to go , I am not that ready but goes where the bike goes . This long weekend will be equipment test again but this time fully kit . If nothing falls off on a 16 hour ride in the Tabazimbi mountains then I am happy .

My bike is packed and ready to go , I am not that ready but goes where the bike goes . This long weekend will be equipment test again but this time fully kit . If nothing falls off on a 16 hour ride in the Tabazimbi mountains then I am happy .

so

bike [tick]

body [working on it]

blog [?]

I am busy posting a race report from Race to Cradock on my blog, still have a bit to do but Day 1-3 are up. Maybe a top of two for the RASA 2015 guys in there.

makingtrackz.wordpress.com

I'm busy ignoring all these people having fun on the trail. ok fine, let me go and take a peek

Thank you for all the time taken posting reports on this race.

It has fed my post-weekend riding blues.

This certainly sounds like a different kind of riding, thank you for sharing some of the inside insights.

cool!

Trackz - i got mike's blog on the dashboard for a read - http://mikewoolnough.blogspot.com/, who else put some stuff up during R2craddock?

Not sure who else. Both Mike's & mine still a few to go. Glenn did the one on the Freedom website. Next year ... you know what to do :-).

Trackz you have a wonderful way with words. There is an honesty and appreciation with which you write that is rare. I dream of one day completing a ride like the R2C. Great work.

After making a few mods to my carrier after my last test ride I will do the final equipment shake down test in the Tabazimbi mountains this weekend . I am also convinced now that the carrier route is the right way for me to go . Ordered two cases of Craft beer last week and was delivered to my office . To get the stuff home I decided to empty my laptop bag and I managed to stuff 10 beers (440ml) into the bag . When I got home from my trip on the bike with this load on my back my ass was so sore I battled to get off the bike . :eek:

When I got home from my trip on the bike with this load on my back my ass was so sore I battled to get off the bike . :eek:

Luckily there are enough portages on the Freedom Challenge to rest one's ass, the only flat stretch is between Willomore and Prince Albert where one's ass get a proper hiding, back pack or no back pack........

It would be nice of you if you could carry and share a couple of beers on the route......

Monark. Kind words thank you sir. Most people who spend time on the Freedom Trail return for seconds or thirds and some (Marnitz, etc :thumbup: ) will eventually end up more than ten times. As my good friend Brad van der Westhuizen put it "If you weren't there, you wouldn't understand". Hope to see you on the trail soon ... there's a Spring Ride to Rhodes every September which is a great way to get a feel for what it's all about.

Dirt Rider: Drink meer Craft dat jou sitvlak padding dikker kan raak :-).

Archived